The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it's not something to get annoyed over particularly, I was acknowledging that Norwich where assembling a decent squad and we probably need a couple more in if we wish to push on and not get bogged down in midtable. Whether or not that is possible is another issue. I'd like to think we've got enough for a big signing or we can cash in and get two for the price of Fellaini.

You're right. I think we just need to be patient, player values drop towards the end of the transfer window, and for a club like us with limited funds a few million here and there can make a huge difference.

If Fer was that ace you'd think he wouldn't be joining Norwich, really.

Cant say I know if he's actually any good, I do think the club were pathetic in that transfer and felt sorry for the lad, but I don't think the clubs in for him are the final word on his ability, Michu or Benteke for example, having said that most of the time its usually accurate

You're right. I think we just need to be patient, player values drop towards the end of the transfer window, and for a club like us with limited funds a few million here and there can make a huge difference.
I'm doing my best to be patient but 4 signings has whetted my appetite slightly. Doesn't really spread the fun out as much. I hope we have a long, drawn out difficult saga soon to make up for it.

Fact is gerard will be raw and wont be a top 6 quality player next season, he's exciting but he's not the finished article, alcaraz and robles are squad fillers and kone is only a slight improvement on what we have, I think we will bring another player in but it needs to be a quality signing that goes into the first team.

People laugh at the likes of southampton, sunderland and Norwich but they are buying good foreigner talent whereas years ago these teams would be overspending on overhyped English ****e this is why we need to worry, Sunderland for example have johnson and that Italian guy on the wing who is class with sessnegon through the centre, norwich are chasing quality, Swansea and Southampton have boughr well these teams have improved so we can't just sit around smugly thinking the mighty everton wont be under challenge

The Liverpool echo rumour mill has Utd coming in with a 40 mil offer for you know who. Mind, their source is caughtoffside which seems strange. Shouldn´t a proper newspaper have more reliable sources than those absolute mugs?

If Baines and Fellaini are moving this I´d rather it´d be early. 40 mil for both is too low though, since it means we´re only getting 16 for Baines which is a joke. 44 should be the minimum asking price.

This obsession with FER and a whole list of other players Moyes was tediously linked with is pathetic. If he was that good Moyes would have him in Asia with him atm - hes clearly not so leave him to the relegation teams. I dont give a **** who Norwich/sunderland/WBA etc etc sign we will finish above them all so just chill the **** out.

Absolutely no one on here is dealing with millions of pounds of someone elses money and 40'000 people who want you sacked if you get it wrong.

These tiresome articles posted and 'ah we should be going for him' lad are just childish. Seriously lads, its ok in the comfort of your bedroom in your parents house, but in the real world everton cnt sign every player some lid reckons is a bargain and will be an absolute beast for us.

To be fair clubs like Norwich and Swansea have just cemented their place in the PL, we don't have as much big money buys because we pay higher wages, they look like they're spunking money cos they're probably paying pennies in comparison to what we pay people like Heitinga.... They're also in very well kept after in terms of finances and debt from what I hear, especially Swansea, don't understand Cardiff though...

Norwich are either going to be the team to watch out for, or go the way of QPR, I don't think they'll be any middle in all honesty. They'll see how good/badly Hughton did with the big money paid and spunk more come summer/won't trust him as much come next summer.

It's really weird being an Everton fan right now.... Martinez has done some excellent business.... I know a lot of them are ex Wigan but QPR have some good players I'd take, West Ham and Newcastle had some good players when they went down.... Just because your team gets relegated doesn't make you a bad player, pretty sure Scott Parker was voted one of the best players in the league the year West Ham went down...

The Liverpool echo rumour mill has Utd coming in with a 40 mil offer for you know who. Mind, their source is caughtoffside which seems strange. Shouldn´t a proper newspaper have more reliable sources than those absolute mugs?

If Baines and Fellaini are moving this I´d rather it´d be early. 40 mil for both is too low though, since it means we´re only getting 16 for Baines which is a joke. 44 should be the minimum asking price.

Mate... Make it 60 million for both and we'll start talking..........

Status
Not open for further replies.