Homepage Update: The Shackles Are Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree, I've lost count of the number of times players and other staff have given interviews pre-season and before big games where they make bold statements but don't deliver.

It is nice to feel optimistic though, but I think some are feeling overly optimistic and will be brought cruelly back to earth as the season gets under way.

..optimism is good but we have to be realistic. We've lost our leading scorer and likely to lose a regular midfielder. I've said this is truly RK/SWs first proper transfer window, from tonight we can say for certainty that this is RKs team. Any improvement on last season's 7th will be an achievement, I'd just prefer if players and fans kept a low profile and just see how things pan out.

I don't want to bring a halt to your success train but shouldn't a topic like this be made if we are in the top 5 around Christmas or something? We could be sitting in the bottom 3 around Christmas as well. Who knows what is going to happen?
I can't deny that I'm excited. And I was around to see the arrival of Alan Ball - what a summer that was!

But it wasn't until 4 years later that Catterick took us to the championship. The intervening years we got closer and closer. Season 1968-69 we came 3rd and that was when I knew that the next season we would challenge all comers - all the pieces had fallen into place.

It didn't happen immediately ..... but it did happen. COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.