The run in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being honest, if we actually decide to turn up then I could see us getting something from all the above bar Spurs and possibly Arsenal.

Then he remembers Millwall….gah!
Arsenal have Napoli midweek after our game so they may take their eye off the ball
Emery has form for this in the Europa league where he sacrificed Sevilla’s league results to progress in the EL
Man united are away to Barca the midweek before our game against them
This could play a factor in their team selection and attitude

Burnley went on a very good run, cardiff even picked up a few extra points, all of them down there were taking points off each other making our run more comfortable. Maybe relegation was never in question but the form we had shown was bottom of the pile stuff, why shouldn't other fans be concerned given that fact.

The form after the derby away game till the derby home game must be in bottom 3.

Finally showing a bit of form (apart from the obvious 2-3 lost to Newcastle) lately though which is fair enough, I hope this continues.

I think with Everton you simply don’t know what your going to get, beat Chelsea lose to Brighton.

So regarding the run in what will be will be

We won't be getting Europe, but I'd be delighted if he got 11pts from that lot and bettered last season's total.

I am definitely not prediciting that we will get 12 points from those games. Not at all. Not in any way what so ever, cos we all know that threads predicting points returns from our next set of fixtures are for mugs... :eek: :eek:

Well the problem with that is that foresight is even better. If anyone actually genuinely thought that we would go on a 12 game winless run despite not having done anything like that previously, and 5 or 6 other teams who were picking up less than a point a game would suddenly start putting good runs together, then their fears weren't grounded in reality. Obviously it wasn't absolutely impossible (it still isn't, technically) but there was really nothing at all to suggest that it was going to happen. The same thing happened last year, people saying we were the worst team in the league when we were about 10th and winning virtually every home game.

Just to show that you don't need hindsight, here's what I posted before the Cardiff game, which explains using the exact same logic, but before it happened.

</thread>

The relegation brigade are trying to cover their tracks. They can rise from their tombs next season at an appropriate moment, and we can all start again.
But it's true. A lot of us fear the worst when this team walks out onto the pitch. If Silva is in charge next season we will still fear the worst and by about November/December the spectre of relegation will loom large again. Unless you know different and expect this guy to suddenly exhibit well hidden coaching skills and tactical nous of which he has shown NIL since arriving.

For the remaining fixtures, I'll predict

West ham (a) Win
Arsenal (h) Draw
Fulham (a) Win
Man u (h) Draw
Palace (a) Draw
Burnley (h) Win
Tottenham (a) Loss

For a total of 12 points
Good enough for 7th? Maybe if we could turn one of those draws into a win we might be able to put up a fight.

Good enough for 7th? Maybe if we could turn one of those draws into a win we might be able to put up a fight.

I'm not sure I even want 7th at this stage

We're not equipped to start the season so early in the qualifiers. I'd rather Silva get all the signings he wants in early and then have a full uninterrupted pre-season to bed them in

52 points probably won't be enough anyway

I'm not sure I even want 7th at this stage

We're not equipped to start the season so early in the qualifiers. I'd rather Silva get all the signings he wants in early and then have a full uninterrupted pre-season to bed them in

52 points probably won't be enough anyway
I see that argument. Would love a bidda Europe though, me. Waste of time taking part in competitive competition each year otherwise as we know we're not good enough for top 4, but too good to go down. Would probably mean we finish next season 9th instead of 7th.

Annoying though. Liverpool have no depth in their squad at all, yet they're top and into the quarters of the CL.

For the remaining fixtures, I'll predict

West ham (a) Win
Arsenal (h) Draw
Fulham (a) Win
Man u (h) Draw
Palace (a) Draw
Burnley (h) Win
Tottenham (a) Loss

For a total of 12 points

Would be nice if it happens.
I think we are well capable of losing at least 3 or 4 of these. Sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.