The Relegation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.
We were.
It closer to certainty than anything.

If you can't see that I can't see how you can really appreciate what's happening now.

Silva's stifled, shackled 4231 was only going one way.
He had no other way of doing things, just kept trying to hammer square pegs into rounds holes.
If you do that the your man mgt is on a soggy wing and desperate prayer.
He was sucking the life out of these players, mind body and spirit.

The players have had the class not to say much but if you read between the lines, its all there.

The fact is, it got down to when, not if, Silva got sacked - to avoid relegation.
Then it was down to who we got - to avoid relegation

Thank god it was Carlo - he's been a blessing.

No mate
We are Everon

Carlo is the lucky one.

Remember the “you’ll need well over 40 points to stay up this season” crew? Great bunch of lads.
Crazy some of the predictions you see some fans make. I remember people saying we were in a relegation battle in 17/18 when we had the majority of the top 6 in our first 8 games. They were wrong, just like those who thought the 40 point mark would be an issue for us to achieve.

Last edited:

22 points from last 33 is some going for us considering we were 18th with 14 points from 15 games with 4 wins, 2 draws,9 defeats,scored 16/con 27 up to chelsea game 7th dec
--now we have 10 wins,6 draws,10 defeats scored 34 /con 38 and sit 7th only 1 point off 5th or 5 points off 4th
I never thought we would go down or was even worried,even though some start earlier and earlier worrying

Might need 47 this year IMO
For this to be true 4 out of 6 teams would need to get a minimum of 19 points from their last 12 or 13 games (at least one of those clubs would have to get 21). For perspective the team at the top of that particular pile has 27 points points from 26 games. Nobody is getting relegated on 46 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.