The Referee

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the moaning we do about referees, Salah diving, Mane fouling everyone, this fella had absolutely non of it tonight and has given the best performance I’ve seen in ages from a referee.

Fair play lad and don’t open your post for a few days.
I was thinking this before, it took guts to give that penalty. Be interesting to know what the outcome would have been in a full stadium.

Our record at Anfield would look quite different if referees officiated both teams fairly.

I say fairly, because we certainly didn't get any decisions that we shouldn't have got. They got a free kick in a very dangerous position from a terrific Holgate tackle that never should have been given and TAA should have walked for denying a certain goal. He just didn't give them any ridiculous calls that they are so used to getting.

The dives Salah and Mane tried to pull in the second half would have been given in many a derby going back over the last two decades.

Hopefully the referees will officiate games at Anfield with the same courage once the Walking Dead extras are allowed back in, but I won't hold my breath.

For all the moaning we do about referees, Salah diving, Mane fouling everyone, this fella had absolutely non of it tonight and has given the best performance I’ve seen in ages from a referee.

Fair play lad and don’t open your post for a few days.
The award of the non foul on Henderson, was strange?
Fair play to him, awarding the penalty though, you could tell the sky elites were dying for it to be chalked off.

Our record at Anfield would look quite different if referees officiated both teams fairly.

I say fairly, because we certainly didn't get any decisions that we shouldn't have got. They got a free kick in a very dangerous position from a terrific Holgate tackle that never should have been given and TAA should have walked for denying a certain goal. He just didn't give them any ridiculous calls that they are so used to getting.

The dives Salah and Mane tried to pull in the second half would have been given in many a derby going back over the last two decades.

Hopefully the referees will officiate games at Anfield with the same courage once the Walking Dead extras are allowed back in, but I won't hold my breath.
They got a free for Henderson pulling a hamstring

Its crazy how we're praising a reff for only getting 5-6 decisions wrong against us. it really does show the extent to which they've screwed us over the years. Our players have gotten use to being strong in the challenge because we never get soft decisions whereas weak floppers like Salah, Mane etc don't know what to do when their dives don't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.