The Referee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it’s a pen. Cant believe anyone would actually argue that. It’s the fact that it wasn’t a red that’s the real issue.
even without that hook, its a pen. You slide into a tackle, don't win the ball but part of you body trips up the attacker in the box preventing them from tapping the ball in, its a pen. Normally its a defender's legs or feet, in this case it was his head/body.

Given the context - the previous derby, the media narrative in the build up - thought the ref did well to remain stoic throughout. Especially on the pen. Whoever was the VAR wanted it to be over turned didn't they?
The main positive for me in Kavanagh's performance was his communication. He seemed to be speaking to the players and explaining his decisions.

That game could have been proper snide, but he seemed to take the edge out of it.

This a tiktok of the ref laughing with Carlo.

The comments are embarrassing.
I thought he was lenient not carding the dives.
And TiTA was lucky to stay on ,as ref watch said the var bloke asked the ref are you sure which took the refs mind off .

I genuinely think he went over for a possible sending off. The VAR official upon reviewing it, could see it was a pen all day long, so the only doubt, was it a red as well. Denied a clear goal scoring opportunity, he should have gone.

even without that hook, its a pen. You slide into a tackle, don't win the ball but part of you body trips up the attacker in the box preventing them from tapping the ball in, its a pen. Normally its a defender's legs or feet, in this case it was his head/body.
Spot on , he makes himself big as possible to stop him jumping over him , the giveaway is his arm goes up and his leg out.

They got away with two deliberate elbows two corners that wasn't, two freekicks for blatant dives around the box , they had a blank cheque to dive with no punishment and 10 minutes injury time, if that's them there would be an inquest.
Definitely the best referee we've had.

Keep up - Everyone knows a Sean promise is a real promise.
Ek3531VXYAA8u9g.jpg

The joy of remembering this was worth forgetting it

Thought Martin Atkinson's performance last night was the worst I've seen from a ref all season. He really is one of the worst out there. Him and that bloated fraud Lee Mason.
Yes never been a fan and obviously had some horrendous derby performances.

One thing that’s really annoyed me
This season, is time we’re winning there seems to be 5 mins of injury time. The derby may have been 4, but I was mainly thinking of the games we’ve been a goal up in.

It’s supposed to be 30seconds a
Sub. Im sure the Chelsea game was like 4 subs no injuries and still 5mins yet when we were losing to West Ham, 6 subs one of their players goes down in the 88th minute for about a minute. And it was 3 mins added on.

So I was shocked to see 3 minutes last night, then he adds on nearly another 3 minutes. I know their player went down in injury time, but he wasn’t down that long. I would have gone mental if they had scored with that last corner

Status
Not open for further replies.