The Referee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when we are going to question why every game we are ahead in gets 5 additional minutes at the end? Yesterday’s was sussy, 3 mins injury time and he plays until 6 minutes in so they could take a corner.... nothing to see here obviously.....

Yes never been a fan and obviously had some horrendous derby performances.

One thing that’s really annoyed me
This season, is time we’re winning there seems to be 5 mins of injury time. The derby may have been 4, but I was mainly thinking of the games we’ve been a goal up in.

It’s supposed to be 30seconds a
Sub. Im sure the Chelsea game was like 4 subs no injuries and still 5mins yet when we were losing to West Ham, 6 subs one of their players goes down in the 88th minute for about a minute. And it was 3 mins added on.

So I was shocked to see 3 minutes last night, then he adds on nearly another 3 minutes. I know their player went down in injury time, but he wasn’t down that long. I would have gone mental if they had scored with that last corner
Yeah where he got that extra three minutes from God only knows,their player went down at two minutes fifteen seconds of the allocated three minutes, Atkinson just played on as if he was waiting for them to equalise,terrible ref for us down the years,him and mason the worst of the worst for us.

This season, is time we’re winning there seems to be 5 mins of injury time. The derby may have been 4, but I was mainly thinking of the games we’ve been a goal up in.

Sub. Im sure the Chelsea game was like 4 subs no injuries and still 5mins yet when we were losing to West Ham, 6 subs one of their players goes down in the 88th minute for about a minute. And it was 3 mins added on.

So I was shocked to see 3 minutes last night, then he adds on nearly another 3 minutes. I know their player went down in injury time, but he wasn’t down that long. I would have gone mental if they had scored with that last corner
My wife couldn't understand why I was so livid at the end when we had won but it was exactly this. As soon as ref stopped the game for the soton player (shouldn't have anyway as no head injury) I looked at the time, it was about 91.30 and he restarted before 93. Maximum therefore added should have been just beyond 94 but there they were taking a corner at 95.30!

It is beyond belief and absolutely unacceptable performance but of course will result in no consequence whatsoever for the ref.

It really grinds my gears,I watch that shower over the park and no matter how long over the "added time"when they are desperate for a goal if the ball goes out for a corner they will be given the opportunity to take it and score,as soon as the opposition Welly it clear,they blow for time,number of times I've seen us in that scenario and as soon as it goes for a corner for us they just blow up for time,it's bordering on corrupt!!

Thought Martin Atkinson's performance last night was the worst I've seen from a ref all season. He really is one of the worst out there. Him and that bloated fraud Lee Mason.
He really was poor, there was a 5 minute spell where he awarded them 3/4 free kicks which never were. Still think Mike 'all about me' Dean takes some beating though

The derby game injury time was 10 mins for first half and the second half combined, not often we get that when we are losing.

My wife couldn't understand why I was so livid at the end when we had won but it was exactly this. As soon as ref stopped the game for the soton player (shouldn't have anyway as no head injury) I looked at the time, it was about 91.30 and he restarted before 93. Maximum therefore added should have been just beyond 94 but there they were taking a corner at 95.30!

It is beyond belief and absolutely unacceptable performance but of course will result in no consequence whatsoever for the ref.
Same ref last season against Tottenham we are a man up level on score, Var decides to check a possible red card against Tottenham in the 88th minute 4 mins later not clear and obvious and no free kick , he added an extra 30 seconds, points dropped Gomes broken leg .

The derby game injury time was 10 mins for first half and the second half combined, not often we get that when we are losing.
I remember the Spurs cup game, 2 mins added on at the end of the first half of extra time, that’s basically unheard of. Again I don’t remember an injury

He really was poor, there was a 5 minute spell where he awarded them 3/4 free kicks which never were. Still think Mike 'all about me' Dean takes some beating though
I think that Atkinson, Mason and Dean are proof that getting rid of the forced retirement age was a massive error.

Status
Not open for further replies.