The rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterJ

Player Valuation: £20m
So, whilst I'm sure we can have a lot of fun in other threads putting together our fantasy lists of signings; this is a thread to address the wider issue of the rebuild.

Currently nothing about our club is acceptable. What changes would you like to see and on what timeframe; what is a realistic path back to us being and acting like a big club again?

The main thing we need to do for next season is get more goals in the team.

Assuming we stick with 451, McNeil and Doucourre have shown they can get goals somewhere between 5 and ten next season would be a realistic target to set them. Where we need to majorly add goals is from right mid and from centre forward. If we can get a similar goal output at right mid to that of Doucourre and McNeil and add a centre forward who can get 10 goals then we’d be doing well.

I’d say for next season all our efforts should go on adding goals from right mid and a centre forward, if we have any budget remaining after that then a left back would also be the next priority.

The way I see it is

GK
Pickford, Begovic, Crelin
DR
Patterson, Coleman
DC
Tarks, Coady, Godfrey, Branthwaite
DL
?? and Mykolenko

DCM
Gueye + ??
CM
Garner, Onana, Iwobi, Doucoure

Wingers
Gray,McNeill,??

Strickers
DCL, Cannon, Simms + ??

That leaves Holegate, Keane, Mina, Townsend,Maupay,Davies,Vinagre,Lonergan, Gomes,Nkounkou, Ali, Gbamin all moved on.
I would like to see Simms, Welch, Mills, McAllister,Okoronkowo, and Koukate to be found decent loan clubs.

It is going to be a long process to rebuild but we need to get back to basics and build from the buttom up.

Bargain basement with FFP ruling on the horizon. But quality can be found if kids want to play. Really impressed with Garner when the chips were down.
I think the FFP issue might be slowly coming to an end with the sales and lack of spending in the last few seasons, coupled with some big contracts coming to an end plus 2 loan signings going back to their clubs (As it stands).

As of the end of June 23 I think we will be posting similar or lower losses than the previous year, we will also have another big year of losses fall out of the P&S equation.....

There is still a long way to go but there will be much much more wiggle room this coming season especially if we can get rid of players that offer nothing on the pitch including them players out on loan who we are still paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.