The rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the FFP issue might be slowly coming to an end with the sales and lack of spending in the last few seasons, coupled with some big contracts coming to an end plus 2 loan signings going back to their clubs (As it stands).

As of the end of June 23 I think we will be posting similar or lower losses than the previous year, we will also have another big year of losses fall out of the P&S equation.....

There is still a long way to go but there will be much much more wiggle room this coming season especially if we can get rid of players that offer nothing on the pitch including them players out on loan who we are still paying.
I hope you are right with a potential lawsuit and FFP ruling in the upcoming months.

So, whilst I'm sure we can have a lot of fun in other threads putting together our fantasy lists of signings; this is a thread to address the wider issue of the rebuild.

Currently nothing about our club is acceptable. What changes would you like to see and on what timeframe; what is a realistic path back to us being and acting like a big club again?
Board replaced immediately, I mean today.

Thelwell out and replaced by someone competent who is given complete control of the sporting side of the club. Everything from the youth teams, to scouting, to manager selection, to transfers. No interference from the board or the manager. We can't have a change of manager, style, and, therefore, playing personnel every 12-18 months. This is why we are screwed. We need to decide what the playing culture of the club is and stick to it.

No more huge wages to older, injury prone "premier league proven" players. In fact, I would issue a club ban on the phrase "premier league proven".

A re-emphasis toward high potential, low wage players in transfer dealings.

Invest in a proper communications team and empower them.

Buy a sodding striker, finally, and two fullbacks.

Board replaced immediately, I mean today.

Thelwell out and replaced by someone competent who is given complete control of the sporting side of the club. Everything from the youth teams, to scouting, to manager selection, to transfers. No interference from the board or the manager. We can't have a change of manager, style, and, therefore, playing personnel every 12-18 months. This is why we are screwed. We need to decide what the playing culture of the club is and stick to it.

No more huge wages to older, injury prone "premier league proven" players. In fact, I would issue a club ban on the phrase "premier league proven".

A re-emphasis toward high potential, low wage players in transfer dealings.

Invest in a proper communications team and empower them.

Buy a sodding striker, finally, and two fullbacks.
re: Thelwell… I think what should be abundantly clear to anyone at this stage is that it’s impossible to judge the ability of ANY of the people who’ve had the DoF job with us, as they’ve simply not been given the authority and/or left alone to do the job.

Article in The Athletic today spells out the utter dysfunction when it comes to player acquisition. Far too many cooks.

I’ve no idea whether Thelwell is any good or not, but nor does anyone else on here at this point. Same with Brands.

re: Thelwell… I think what should be abundantly clear to anyone at this stage is that it’s impossible to judge the ability of ANY of the people who’ve had the DoF job with us, as they’ve simply not been given the authority and/or left alone to do the job.

Article in The Athletic today spells out the utter dysfunction when it comes to player acquisition. Far too many cooks.

I’ve no idea whether Thelwell is any good or not, but nor does anyone else on here at this point. Same with Brands.
Agree, to a degree. That's why I said give whoever it is full control. As a caveat to that, however, I present you with one Neal Maupay!

Remove Kenwright, DBB, and Sharp from the board asap. Anything less than that(maybe a case for Kenwright and DBB) is a failure and will mean we will continue like this. Only then can you even begin to look at or care about other parts of the club.

I dont know yet whether Thelwell is any good. I dont know if ANY of the DOFs or recruiters were any good, because of Kenwrith and Moshiris meddling. But once thats done, then you find a way to sell DCL, Keane, Maupay and Holgate, and you bring in a CF, Winger, CB, and 2 fullbacks and go for a season of blissful mediocracy. You cannot let the current board pick any of the players anymore or have any say, or the cycle continues.

Assuming these haven’t been Addressed since end of Jan:

Step 1) the board
Step 2) the recruitment team
Step 3) the communications team
Step 4) the person who does presser audio
Step 5) the training pitches (causes injuries)
Step 6) physio team

Then we can look at players
Otherwise known as a root and branch review (which would be our millionth but previous ones have not included the board)

I think the FFP issue might be slowly coming to an end with the sales and lack of spending in the last few seasons, coupled with some big contracts coming to an end plus 2 loan signings going back to their clubs (As it stands).

As of the end of June 23 I think we will be posting similar or lower losses than the previous year, we will also have another big year of losses fall out of the P&S equation.....

There is still a long way to go but there will be much much more wiggle room this coming season especially if we can get rid of players that offer nothing on the pitch including them players out on loan who we are still paying.
The wage bill is a problem. You have some new deals being agreed that will swallow up the savings from outgoing players. We need to start increasing revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.