The New Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, don't think the commercial team are really that good. Don't seem to be in any way creative and just follow the usual marketing pathway to flogging new kits to a captive audience. Supporters are now nothing more than an income stream on every level and EFC struggle to sell to the customers they already have. I went to renew my interest for the forthcoming season by buying a mug and a breakfast bowl - they had neither at the Everton 2 Liverpool 1 shop. Just poor.
I hope you wrote a stern email direct to Bill, I'd be FUUUUUUMIN!

3 new kits every season is overkill and it must be hell for some parents.

They should change the home and away kit every 2 years and have a limited edition third kit that changes every season. I bet clubs would make just a much money and have far less kits to flog for a tenner at the end of the season.

They should change the home and away kit every 2 years and have a limited edition third kit that changes every season. I bet clubs would make just a much money and have far less kits to flog for a tenner at the end of the season.

I feel for any parents who buy all 3 every season

Thing is, every team is doing 3 kits a season....were enslaved to market forces, either way.

it would help though if we had a decent supplier and they weren't so expensive.

Nah, don't think the commercial team are really that good. Don't seem to be in any way creative and just follow the usual marketing pathway to flogging new kits to a captive audience. Supporters are now nothing more than an income stream on every level and EFC struggle to sell to the customers they already have. I went to renew my interest for the forthcoming season by buying a mug and a breakfast bowl - they had neither at the Everton 2 Liverpool 1 shop. Just poor.

Way to go 6970 :dance:

As I see it, what, £50 for a shirt, how many do you have to sell to make a meaningful wedge? Not going to buy a forward is it? Just a gimmick imho

It actually makes sense. Each season either the home or away is new, and the other carries forward from last season. Then the 3rd is new each season. Two new kits each time, much less madness.

If we switch vendors, will have to reset, but not a problem that can't be figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.