The most exciting forward line we’ve had in years?

Which attack was more exciting?

• Lukaku, Barkley, Deulofeu etc

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Today’s squad

Votes: 50 59.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Football still amazes me. We win one game, Bernard has a good game for the first time in a while and suddenly we have a really exciting front three. Richarlison missed two free headers that he should have at least got on target. It is the same as that article on the BBC website, Sterling scores a hatrick in week one and they are wondering if he is going to have a Messi type season.

Lets just let things evolve, we aren't going to challenge top 4 this year, we need the front 4 to get used to each other, Kean to settle in, Richarlison to keep on improving into the player we hope he can be. We are a work in progress, nothing more than that currently.
I mean, Bernard had his first good game for about 3 months, which you could say is a while, but seeing as we've only played one competitive game in that time, it seems like you're being a little harsh.

I was glad when Watford subbed Delboy and went direct with hoof ball danger was over then imo........
It has to be Lukaku upfront as he consistently scored for us - we look and still struggle to score as yet.........

Martinez' first season when we were scoring for fun was excellent in terms of end product - i am still worried about this teams' ability to score.

No credit to the front line though. Lukaku,Barkley and Mirallas did a lot fo the business, but that team back then was much more about Coleman and Baines, oh and the beautiful Gareth Barry, doing their sexy thing.

Not exciting in the slightest at the moment, we score a lot more with Lukaku, and even with Pienaar and Arteta on the wings.
Last season our front 3 chopped and changed constantly, and with DCL, Kean, Bernard, Richarlison, Iwobi and Walcot it will be the same this season.
I only need to look at who liked this post to know that I would 100% disagree.

Iwobi hasn't kicked a ball for us yet and Kean, in the short cameos we've seen s far, looks like being one of the best young players in Europe. we also have Brazils current number 9 who has also just turned 22 and will only improve.

It must be pretty sad to look at our forward options and just see negatives. I'm the total opposite.

Incidentally, we scored 54 goals last season. When we had Rom we beat that figure twice, equalled it once and scored fewer once. That's despite setting up very positively under Martinez and building the team around Rom under Koeman, and he scored 25. Under Moyes we rarely scored above 54 in a season. Last season was transitional. We have improved our attacking options this season and the likes of Richarlison will only improve. What isn't there to be excited about.

Not exciting in the slightest at the moment, we score a lot more with Lukaku, and even with Pienaar and Arteta on the wings.
Last season our front 3 chopped and changed constantly, and with DCL, Kean, Bernard, Richarlison, Iwobi and Walcot it will be the same this season.
I only need to look at who liked this post to know that I would 100% disagree.

Iwobi hasn't kicked a ball for us yet and Kean, in the short cameos we've seen s far, looks like being one of the best young players in Europe. we also have Brazils current number 9 who has also just turned 22 and will only improve.

It must be pretty sad to look at our forward options and just see negatives. I'm the total opposite.

Incidentally, we scored 54 goals last season. When we had Rom we beat that figure twice, equalled it once and scored fewer once. That's despite setting up very positively under Martinez and building the team around Rom under Koeman, and he scored 25. Under Moyes we rarely scored above 54 in a season. Last season was transitional. We have improved our attacking options this season and the likes of Richarlison will only improve. What isn't there to be excited about.

I mean, Bernard had his first good game for about 3 months, which you could say is a while, but seeing as we've only played one competitive game in that time, it seems like you're being a little harsh.

After posting I knew someone would pick up on that. Suffice to say, I can't remember personally the last time he had a great game? he can be fairly anonymous unfortunately at times, hopefully there will be some consistency this season

After posting I knew someone would pick up on that. Suffice to say, I can't remember personally the last time he had a great game? he can be fairly anonymous unfortunately at times, hopefully there will be some consistency this season
He was excellent at the back end of last season. He didn't score or assist enough last season but I'd say he was pretty consistent over the last dozen or so games last season.

Lukaku
Barkley
Mirallas
Del

No comparison. Although it’s a little unfair, the current crop haven’t even close to the amount of time they hadn’t together.

Status
Not open for further replies.