The Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Blues,

I've noticed some recent threads have linked to The Mirror - more so recently after they've used quotes from fans in this forum for an article.

A reminder that this publication can't be linked, or referenced on GrandOldTeam.

If we note continuation of linking to The Mirror, the URL for this publication will automatically be blacklisted.

Cheers.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/please-read-copyright-infringement.87368/

Blues,

I've had an email today from the legal department of The Mirror, concerning copyright infringement relating to our members copying and pasting their articles on the forum.

As such, we're now having to enforce a ban on anything referencing The Mirror.

Please do not post or reference this publication in any capacity. We'll be using software to monitor any instance of The Mirror and instantly removing.

Thanks for your presumed understanding.

Thanks

Blues,

I've noticed some recent threads have linked to The Mirror - more so recently after they've used quotes from fans in this forum for an article.

A reminder that this publication can't be linked, or referenced on GrandOldTeam.

If we note continuation of linking to The Mirror, the URL for this publication will automatically be blacklisted.

Cheers.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/please-read-copyright-infringement.87368/
Are they permitted to use comments from here if they prohibit you posting their stuff?

Are they permitted to use comments from here if they prohibit you posting their stuff?

I'll be dropping them a note asking they refrain - I'd rather GrandOldTeam wasn't associated in anyway to their publication.

Still, it doesn't help their request to tell our membership to not use their content, when they're lifting membership content which will inevitably be picked up/linked...

I'll be dropping them a note asking they refrain - I'd rather GrandOldTeam wasn't associated in anyway to their publication.

Still, it doesn't help their request to tell our membership to not use their content, when they're lifting membership content which will inevitably be picked up/linked...

You want to get the GOT Legal team on this one asap.

@judge @Law's Law

What say you chaps? A writ of Habius Corpus?

Talking of mirrors, got new training shorts and it says the colour is parachute purple. Since when were parachutes bright purple?

Can you ban that sh1trag The Echo as well?

Ta x

I asked given ownership, but they only seemed concerned about The Mirror.

Dear Sir or Madam

NLA media access is owned by the UK national newspaper publishers and has been appointed to manage a copyright infringement prevention service and either license or request compliance by those companies reproducing copyright material owned by those publishers. See:

http://www.nlamediaaccess.com/default.aspx?tabid=221

It has been brought to our attention that you are reproducing article sourced from the following publisher’s (or publishers’) website www.mirror.co.uk on your domain www.grandoldteam.com

According to our records, no licence has been granted for the use of this material, so we would politely request that you review this content and confirm to us by return whether you have secured a reproduction licence or written permission to publish this / these article on your website prior to publication from Trinity Mirror plc ("TM")

If you are able to confirm this, we would be grateful if you could send us (as an attachment) a copy of the relevant documentation or correspondence relating to your permission correspondence or reproduction licence.

However, if you do not have such documentation, we request that you immediately remove or disable access to any current and archived webpage, and contact us by return email to regularise future use of this material.

Please be mindful of the fact that if you wish to reproduce articles in full or in part, from whatever source, you need to secure the prior, written approval of the copyright owner, their publisher, or their agent. Failure to do so may involve legal action.

We would be happy to provide usage examples for your review.

We would be grateful if you could acknowledge receipt of this email and come back to us with any relevant documentation within 10 days from initial receipt date of this email.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Yours faithfully,

Copyright Infringement

NLA media access

Talking of mirrors, got new training shorts and it says the colour is parachute purple. Since when were parachutes bright purple?
the-man-popped-out-at-the-side.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.