The Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't they share some content with the Echo anyway? I've noticed a couple of times that Echo staff have had bylines there and, since they are part of the same group, I would have thought that it possibly isn't on a lineage basis.

Birmingham Mail and MEN also part of same group (amongst many others).

Here mate;

I asked given ownership, but they only seemed concerned about The Mirror.

Interesting.

I would suggest in the first instance that you ask them what their definition of 'Fair use' is within the UK legal definition of the term. Also what their interpretation of the term is with regard to the internet.

Outwith 'Fair use', they cannot disbar anyone from quoting a small %age of anything for the purpose of education or critical (critical in the sense of good or bad comment) observation.

If you wish to know more concerning my knowledge of this subject, PM me, and I can then fill you in on what I know.

Cheers fella, appreciate that - though I'm not convinced we'd have anything to gain. What's the outcome? To allow our membership to promote their articles? Not convinced it's worth our time and I don't think visitors here will care much about that little restriction ;)

We have businesses that pay agencies to try and include their links on GOT on the sly as part of traffic campaigns/link building.

Then, we have one who take a rather different view...

He owns all our souls too. It's in the small print.

Like hell do I take any ownership over any of all your nonsense on here.

Literally the first line of the service agreement.

The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.

And later;

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

It's daft really
All posters have to write is the headline and name the mirror
Do those muppets not realise if we click on the link which normally has an advert on meaning we might read it and use it
Or highly unlikely a poster might subscribe
Think they are making a mistake
Is the S#n not their competitor
Do they not realise the hatred on this site and the city for that rag?

Daily Mirror are stooping low to use our GOT comments, very naughty of them!
They should pay for the wit, and humorous post!
have we got a GOT legal brief who can extract monies from then for usage???

Status
Not open for further replies.