The Merseyside Derby Build Up Thread

Fancy our chances despite recent form?

• We're Roberto's Blue Army! We'll batter them and give SG a proper swan song!!!

Votes: 144 25.9%
  • Win- not a great one, but will inspire confidence nonetheless.

Votes: 134 24.1%
  • Tie- Jags with his Golden Boot!!!

Votes: 34 6.1%
  • Loss- feels worse than relegation

Votes: 183 32.9%
  • A goal by Ferguson! Duncan Ferguson!

Votes: 61 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he won't risk McCarthy he won't be up to speed anyway. Sure besjc and Barry will be in there. I'd like to start Lennon down right and proper go at the horrible [Poor language removed]

They've been practicing Naismith as a false number nine again in training this week so expect Lukaku wide.
4-3-3 with Martinez hoping Lukaku and Mirallas can go one on one against one of their CBs with Naismith sitting on Stevie Me.

He'll probably play

Mirallas Naismith Lukaku
Besic McCarthy
Barry
Baines Jags Stones Coleman
Robles
It's relatively easy to stop and has been done before. I think it's a mistake.

We should play Lennon, Barkley and Mirallas and have a right good go at them. The league doesn't really mean anything to us and it's not like the first time they've beat us however if we hammer them it would make our season.

We should play Lennon, Barkley and Mirallas and have a right good go at them. The league doesn't really mean anything to us and it's not like the first time they've beat us however if we hammer them it would make our season.

But if they hammer us it would break it. Chelsea is a write off as it is (and thats fine) but two batterings in 5 days? then Arsenal in their current form a couple of weeks later? Scary stuff

I'd take a point right now

But if they hammer us it would break it. Chelsea is a write off as it is (and thats fine) but two batterings in 5 days? then Arsenal in their current form a couple of weeks later? Scary stuff

I'd take a point right now
Our season is already broken. Chelsea are missing Costa so we will still loose but it should be relatively close plus they're not exactly in the best of form at the moment. Hopefully we will win in the Europa League.

Then we play Leicester and then Arsenal. So by the end of the game at Arsenal we should still be fine and after that our schedule is relatively good.

Another good reason for playing Lennon is that with the EL game coming up he can't play so it makes sense to rest McGeady etc.

It's a free hit at these [Poor language removed] lets knock them out of Goodison.

--------------Robles--------------
Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines
---------Besic----Barry-----------
-
McGeady Naismith Mirallas
-------------Lukaku----------

McCarthy might not be ready to start a game.
Lennon will probably be subbed on late in the second half alongside Kone.

Yeah he won't risk McCarthy he won't be up to speed anyway. Sure besjc and Barry will be in there. I'd like to start Lennon down right and proper go at the horrible [Poor language removed]

Don't see why not if he pushes him in training this week. I'd get him straight in there personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.