The L.C.A.B. / THT Transfer Window Thread ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got on the wrong side of Moyes, that's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Why do we keep coming back to this - did anybody see Yak against Spurs or even at Blackpool or West Ham - he did chuff all and had no pace to hold off defenders once he'd gost past them. there's a reason he's on loan at LEICESTER - cos no other chuffer wanted him.

He is not a star striker sent out on loan when he could be playing - he is an extensive wage bill sent elsewhere because he didn't have anything to offer Everton anymore.

He did have a serious injury and was out for a long time with that. Seemed like he was improving in the last couple of games he played for us to me. There's no denying he can score goals, he's the only striker to have scored over 20 in a season for us since Lineker so he can't be as awful as you're making out. Consistantly scored goals for 3 different clubs in the Premier league.

2002–03 Portsmouth First Division 14 7
2003–04 Premier League 36 16
2004–05 30 13
2005–06 Middlesbrough Premier League 34 13
2006–07 37 12
2007–08 2 0
2007–08 Everton Premier League 31 15
2008–09 14 4
2009–10 25 5
2010–11 12 1
2010-11 Leicester City Championship 2 2

Wouldn't call that a terrible record compared to anyone we're likely to get on loan and be able to afford.

Last edited:
Why do we keep coming back to this - did anybody see Yak against Spurs or even at Blackpool or West Ham - he did chuff all and had no pace to hold off defenders once he'd gost past them. there's a reason he's on loan at LEICESTER - cos no other chuffer wanted him.

He is not a star striker sent out on loan when he could be playing - he is an extensive wage bill sent elsewhere because he didn't have anything to offer Everton anymore.
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He did have a serious injury and was out for a long time with that. Seemed like he was improving in the last couple of games he played for us to me. There's no denying he can score goals, he's the only striker to have scored over 20 in a season for us since Lineker so he can't be as awful as you're making out. Consistantly scored goals for 3 different clubs in the Premier league.

2002–03 Portsmouth First Division 14 7
2003–04 Premier League 36 16
2004–05 30 13
2005–06 Middlesbrough Premier League 34 13
2006–07 37 12
2007–08 2 0
2007–08 Everton Premier League 31 15
2008–09 14 4
2009–10 25 5
2010–11 12 1
2010-11 Leicester City Championship 2 2

Wouldn't call that a terrible record compared to anyone we're likely to get on loan and be able to afford.

The last few games he played for us were as shocking as anything he ever did - Yes he could hold the ball up, but Andy Gray would have more pace & movement. The last decent performance he gave was against Liverpool at home when I thought he might be able to get back to his best, but the week after at Blackpool he was fairyl rubbish to be honest.

I knew the Yak was finished when he came on against Spurs, he tried to run after a ball that went down the left channel , where the mainstand is and the defender went past him from 10 yards behind and got to the ball first, no explosiveness of pace or power, I said to my dad, thats it hes gone.

I knew the Yak was finished when he came on against Spurs, he tried to run after a ball that went down the left channel , where the mainstand is and the defender went past him from 10 yards behind and got to the ball first, no explosiveness of pace or power, I said to my dad, thats it hes gone.

Be glad he's scoring so, make Leicester complete the deal.

4M wont put a dent in it.Where we finish in the league would have a far bigger impact.You seem to delight in the fact that we are skint and prefer to moan about a suggestion which would cost us under a million a year to get a quality striker.Still some people prefer to be negative and look at the glass half empty me I just prefer to be the one that gets a smaller glass.
We probably wont spend money but penny pinching will be our downfall.
If we stay with our current stikers we will struggle and spending money on loans that wont really improve the quality we have will be a waste in my book.

Believe me, I'm certainly not delighting in Everton being skint. I'd LOVE us to sign players - quality ones at that. But Moyes has come out and said time and time again that we don't have money to spend, and we're only interested in the loan market. He said it in the summer too pretty much, and the rose-tinted spectacles people seemed to think it was a smokescreen. Did we go out and spend anything? No.

It is crystal clear that we simply don't have money to spend in this transfer window. The Pienaar money might give us enough to pay a loan fee and wages, but not much more than that. To bid 7m euros is just not possible. I hate that. We all do - not least Moyes. But people need to get used to the idea that that's how it is at the moment. There's no point in being all 'glass half full' about it - because that doesn't generate any cash for us. By the same token though, I don't believe that I'm being negative and pessimistic. I'm being realistic. In other words, the glass has the amount of water in it that it has. No more, no less.

And I also totally disagree with the assertion that 'penny pinching will be our downfall'. Clubs who have tried to buy their way out of trouble have ended up in a terrible mess. Look at Pompey, Newcastle, Leeds etc. It's not the right way to go. We need investment or we need to sell players for big money. In the mean time, us fans need to be realistic, and cross our fingers that Moyes can get some success in the loan market.

Finally - no, £3m won't make a huge dent in the debt, but it will help to pay our running costs, player wages and some mortgage payments.

Believe me, I'm certainly not delighting in Everton being skint. I'd LOVE us to sign players - quality ones at that. But Moyes has come out and said time and time again that we don't have money to spend, and we're only interested in the loan market. He said it in the summer too pretty much, and the rose-tinted spectacles people seemed to think it was a smokescreen. Did we go out and spend anything? No.

It is crystal clear that we simply don't have money to spend in this transfer window. The Pienaar money might give us enough to pay a loan fee and wages, but not much more than that. To bid 7m euros is just not possible. I hate that. We all do - not least Moyes. But people need to get used to the idea that that's how it is at the moment. There's no point in being all 'glass half full' about it - because that doesn't generate any cash for us. By the same token though, I don't believe that I'm being negative and pessimistic. I'm being realistic. In other words, the glass has the amount of water in it that it has. No more, no less.

And I also totally disagree with the assertion that 'penny pinching will be our downfall'. Clubs who have tried to buy their way out of trouble have ended up in a terrible mess. Look at Pompey, Newcastle, Leeds etc. It's not the right way to go. We need investment or we need to sell players for big money. In the mean time, us fans need to be realistic, and cross our fingers that Moyes can get some success in the loan market.

Finally - no, £3m won't make a huge dent in the debt, but it will help to pay our running costs, player wages and some mortgage payments.

You sound more positive when you give more than a one sentence reply.The guy I am on about is under contract and by all accounts is not favoring a move to Bordeaux so why not try the loan route with the option to buy?Give them a mil like we got for the Yak.
January is a funny old month,frustrating as hell.

This is football manager talk again though - anyone on here can pick a name out of the air and say he'd be a good signing lets get him, but that's not how football clubs work - and thats certainly not how Davey works - he puts a lot of time & effort into scouting palyers that will fit in with Everton - not just on the playing side but on the personality side as well.

We have no idea who EFC are interested in or enquiring about - what's the point of guessing or making idle speculation thats even less well founded than a Daily Mail article.

This is football manager talk again though - anyone on here can pick a name out of the air and say he'd be a good signing lets get him, but that's not how football clubs work - and thats certainly not how Davey works - he puts a lot of time & effort into scouting palyers that will fit in with Everton - not just on the playing side but on the personality side as well.

We have no idea who EFC are interested in or enquiring about - what's the point of guessing or making idle speculation thats even less well founded than a Daily Mail article.

Steady on. Is that possible?

How do football clubs work then.
I was silly enough to think that they looked at a players performance over a number of weeks months etc.
We all know that it will be Moyse who will pick the player but as fans we are allowed to say who we would like to be at our club.
Surprised that your reading this thread,maybe you just need a bit of down time and need to escape from reality,after all Moyse will hardly come on here and say who he is interested in and what kind of a lad he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.