The L.C.A.B. / THT Transfer Window Thread ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nar mate, i think THT was thinking more along the lines of having Cahill in the middle with Felli when he gets back and shifting Arteta over to the left to link up with Baines, maybe Osman can fill in for now but i'd probably stick with Arteta and put Bily on left.

Cahill can do a shift anywhere, I firmly believe that. And as long as he's on the pitch, he offers a threat at set pieces. Plus he can make runs into the box from CM when players are making crosses in open play.

SO, I would not oppose that one bit. I still think Bily's better on the right though, as he can cut in on his left. Although you could have Arteta and Bily swap flanks to keep the opposition guessing.

EDIT: if I was manager;

Goat
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
Bily Cahill Fellaini Arteta
Beckford Saha​

Last edited:
Well in Boris mate. I've said for ages Timmy can play in there. How about trying Arteta in the Pienaar role ? What do people reckon ?

Arteta in the Piennar role would most definitely be welcomed by me. IMO Arteta is our best player, he was wasted earlier in the season playing in the deeper role and now his confidence has been shattered because of that and the fans turning on him.

Imagine our opponents when they seen Arteta not coming out of his own half and at times playing behind Heitinga who was our holding midfielder, they would of been rubbing there hands with glee.

Arteta is our Fabregas and it's bordering on a disgrace that he hasn't been given the freedom to the roam like Piennar was given, he has an eye for a pass, an excellent touch and very rarely loses the ball under pressure, it's crying out for him to do his work in the final 3rd. If played on the left he would be pulling the full back inside every time and creating space for Baines as Piennar did. As much as I want Billy to play, he will occupy Baines's space if he plays on the left.

The team posted above RFUS (it was too long to remember) sounds about right to me at the moment although I'd love to see us go for someone like Luakuku and there's plenty of players who could be spared to to raise funds. I'd also like to hope making deals with a Belgium club is achievable as we did with Fellaini although I think there would be loads on for him and we do seem to be even poorer than usual so it's very unrealistic, however it's nice to dream.

Last edited:
Cahill is a terrible central midfielder IMO. Osman would play there over him any day of the year.

If you're playing Cahill with those strikers you're defo playing a 4-3-3 than anything else.

I reckon it's a good idea. Arteta is more gifted than Pienaar, and he's a right footed central player, like Pienaar. Plus he badly needs a change.

Arteta on the left, Bily on the right, Osman and Felli in the center, Coleman at RB and RFUS for Everton manager.

I agree it might be time to push Mikky back out wide, but on the right rather than the left. Bily down the left. Fellaini in the midlle ideally with a Charlie Adam type of player (I can dream). Jack with some license to roam would be one option.

Cahill is a terrible central midfielder IMO. Osman would play there over him any day of the year.

If you're playing Cahill with those strikers you're defo playing a 4-3-3 than anything else.

I have watched him play central many times, and his biggest problem is the high number of free kicks he gives away in dangerous places around the edge of our box. Going foward his passing isn't great and he doesn't link up too well either. More often than not he looks lost playing that role in my opinion.

Having said that, he knows where the goal is and obviously has the knack of scoring. He loves the club, gives his all and offers that bit of nastiness that you sometimes need. I'll always support him on those things alone.

Well, either way i'm sure our doublethinking tactical genius boss will sort this out. With timmy back next month he'll have a real headache like. Time to restructure things, especially seeing how we're probably not getting anyone.

(Tuncay? Sure, rate the guy actually, he's got guile and a bit of skill, scored some nice goals, didn't get the boss' backing though)

Actually, i just read Real Madrid signed Adebayor. Sure, he's out of our league but if we actually had money, he wouldn't be. 1-goal-in-2-games striker who doesn't even have to go away to the african nations cup.

yawn.

I counter , KB , with Aston Villa away . Last April . Post JH going off .

Timmy central role ... AWESOME .

Witnesses please ...???

OK . Im off to me Beyatches ....

Status
Not open for further replies.