The Kanchelskis transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aren't we looking for a right sided attacker?

Prime Kanchelskis would make everyone in the changing room stand up.

Wrong.
Limpar had the quickest feet of any winger ive ever seen. On his day he was world class and could take the piss out of any player/defender. His short comings was consistency.
World class players do it week in week out, it's what makes them world class. Limpar was decent, as I said, but he wasn't in Kanchelskis' league.

He was really pissed off at Ince by then. IIRC, Hughes had huge tax problems from his time abroad, and Kanchelskis as is often rumoured, was heavily involved in some bad folk. Fergie was happy to see the back of him and Ince, but less so Hughes.

There were individual causes for all the deals, but I get the sense Ferguson was happy to start breaking the the team up. Mclair and Parker were replaced too.

In fairness Kanchelskis had a great season with us, and then struggled after that, so probably the right call.

16 in 32, fondly remember being at both Blackburn and Sheff Wed when he tore them apart single handily.

Was a mad transfer, and how we pulled it off I’ll never no. It was delayed, rumours of it falling through and to make the transfer even more Everton he did his shoulder in against Utd and was out for a while.

IIRC we were in for Collymore as well that window.

Andrei was utterly world class, everyone loved him and he was so under appreciated by the media it was unreal

World class players do it week in week out, it's what makes them world class. Limpar was decent, as I said, but he wasn't in Kanchelskis' league.

Limpar was actualy technically better than kanchelskis in terms of talent. By quite a way aswell. But kanchelskis was more potent because he could leave players for dead with his speed. He was more explosive.
The anders limpar of elland road in 95 is the world class talent. Head and shoulders above every single player on that pitch and he ran the show.
Limpar had world class talent. You can split hairs about the term world class player. But his talent was world class.
I loved him in an Everton shirt. Shame it wasnt for longer.

There were individual causes for all the deals, but I get the sense Ferguson was happy to start breaking the the team up. Mclair and Parker were replaced too.

In fairness Kanchelskis had a great season with us, and then struggled after that, so probably the right call.

Apparently, he needed the Fiorentina move to clear gambling debts, same when he moved from Man U to us.

Last truly world class player to play for us.

Unstoppable on his day.

Wrong.
Limpar had the quickest feet of any winger ive ever seen. On his day he was world class and could take the piss out of any player/defender. His short comings was consistency.
You could say the same thing about James McFadden, who showed glimpses of brilliance. The issue is that world class players perform consistently.

Limpar was a good player, but he was never world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.