The Kanchelskis transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time I was in my early teens and didn’t really question why one of the best players in the league left United to join us given we were pretty rubbish back then. Now I’m older I often think back to what a bizarre transfer it was. Why did he leave United ? Why Everton and why did no one else try and sign him ?
We were cup winners, & had better night life .....

Limpar was part of the title winning Arsenal side.
Wtf are you talking about comparing it to james mcfadden.
Please stop
Few too many shandies in the sun? John O'Shea was part of a PL and CL winning team. You said Limpar was world class 'on his day'.

This could be a label for countless players, whereas most people realise world class players are a small minority of very talented and consistent players.

My point was that on your logic you could consider McFadden world class even though Limpar was a far superior player. But, Limpar wasn't world class either.

At the time I was in my early teens and didn’t really question why one of the best players in the league left United to join us given we were pretty rubbish back then. Now I’m older I often think back to what a bizarre transfer it was. Why did he leave United ? Why Everton and why did no one else try and sign him ?

Gambling debts apparently

Drove me mad that did. Limpar was one of the best passers ive seen at Everton. He used to weight passes to perfection.
I was desperate for him to play those two with amo and big Dunc. Was utterly convinced that we would blow teams away if he just released the shackles. Never to be unfortunately

Every time Kanchelskis' name crops up I immediately think of the Sheffield Wednesday game at Hillsborough - he was brilliant that day. Never mind the adoration from our lot, the Owls fans were also applauding him on occasions he was that good!!

Status
Not open for further replies.