The Illicit Power of Our Overpaid and Underachieving Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree entirely with your take on Rondon, Keane and Coleman. Keane was playing like the weak link at the beginning of the season when we actually won games. We looked better and picked up points with a covid stricken Godfrey playing rightback ahead of Coleman. Rondon was nowhere near ready to play, we should have given Dobbin a run with Rondon as back up as this did nothing to help his cause with the fans, he could have been a useful bench warmer but its not going to work out now. I don't care about who manages, I just want to see the team on the pitch do their job play for one another and win football matches. You can argue the atmosphere hasn't helped but he ultimately falls on his own sword. He perversely had an opportunity to play younger players during this period of injuries and a slump in form, but he repeatedly stuck with the likes of Delph, Keane, Coleman and Holgate. The penny didn't drop after the Chelsea game due in my opinion to his own bloody mindedness that coupled with falling out with Lucas Digne that certainly wasn't at the heart of all our problems. The last thing the club need is a short termist manager going forward. We need someone who is going to encourage the young players. Get the back 4 working as a unit and putting pride back in the shirt and we as fans have got to get fully behind the team no matter what between now and the end of the season.
Awesome post. Managerial material. I would back you as I'm sure most would.

Status
Not open for further replies.