The Future (Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much defenders, mate (Everton Squad: Goalkeepers is also Defenders).

I'll read it later, as I'm going out in a few min. Looks like it's a good read!

Excellent points (and essay) mate. Moyes is a brilliant coach / player-developer but his inflexible tactics are holding us back (have many times has that been written on here). Wasn't today in some ways a carbon copy of the 09 final? - score an early goal then sit back, start playing hoofball, then eventually get overrun. A tacticly astute manager would have done something in that second half to try and get to momentum back. Introducing Seamus and pushing Fellani forward are not, and have proven on many occasions in the past, that. Proactive would have been to sub Cahill push Osman up into the hole and bring on Seamus on the wing.

It's dissapointing. We don't have money, so we can't overhaul the squad. Get rid of Moyes, and you probably wouldn't see so many players playing to their potential regularly. But I can't see him changing tactically. So dammed if we do, dammed if we don't :(

Sweet jesus mate! I'm impressed you had the wherewithal to put that together after this afternoon. Feel too messed in the head to take stock tbh :(

We need Pienaar back, for good. Baines misses him on the left and he can get lost without him. Top priority this summer.

Another person we need to sign, Landon Donovan. It's totally obvious that we are a much better club with him around. A much much better club. Get him at the right flank to solve our winger problems.

Seamus Coleman should start at right-back. While I live for Hibbo, he's causing more problems than he is fixing them. Instead of scouring around spending our precious, scarce money looking for one, we should resort to the one we currently have and nurture him. Isn't that what Moyes does best? Develop players into the best they can be, and Coleman should start at right back.

Fellaini should not be sold. Under any circumstances. It would be similar to the time the RS sold Meireles, the club would get lost and lose games. Fellaini controls the middle like a toy and we would not find anyone as good as him. Who I think we should sell is Rodwell. We're playing the best football we've played this season in the past few months, and Rodwell was not part of that. We obvs don't need him. Moyes is just scared that he'll turn out a boss player, but from what he's been producing before his injury, I doubt that's ever going to happen. People still fawn over his potential, so I say we should sell him while he's hot. I remember in the past few months the Spurs wanted to buy him for 20 mil plus Pienaar. Two birds with one stone, I say.

The Future
-------------

In 10 years time this could be true:
- David Moyes still in charge
- Bill Kenwright still hunting 24/7
- Everton still havnt beaten Liverpool
- Everton get to 2 semi finals, 1 FA Cup 1 League Cup
- We finish between 7th and 14th each season
- Ross Barkley hasn't played a full game yet
- Hibbert didn't score but smashed in a 30 yard belter on his debut for Tranmere.
- Cahill is still playing.
- Phil Neville has been sacked as England manager

All these things might happen.

or
barkley is Everton and England captain
we've just won our 3rd title in 5 years after massive investment is found
England enter world cup as hot favourites after 30 match unbeaten run under Pip Neville
Everton reach CL final for 3rd time. Looking for win no 2 after narrowly losing to Real the season before.
The Bk statue outside park end is unveiled
the annexe is finally built!!!
All these things will probably never happen!!

or
barkley is Everton and England captain
we've just won our 3rd title in 5 years after massive investment is found
England enter world cup as hot favourites after 30 match unbeaten run under Pip Neville
Everton reach CL final for 3rd time. Looking for win no 2 after narrowly losing to Real the season before.
The Bk statue outside park end is unveiled
the annexe is finally built!!!
All these things will probably never happen!!

Hahaha!!

I think we all know Barkley's knee will have exploded.

We need Pienaar back, for good. Baines misses him on the left and he can get lost without him. Top priority this summer.

Another person we need to sign, Landon Donovan. It's totally obvious that we are a much better club with him around. A much much better club. Get him at the right flank to solve our winger problems.

Seamus Coleman should start at right-back. While I live for Hibbo, he's causing more problems than he is fixing them. Instead of scouring around spending our precious, scarce money looking for one, we should resort to the one we currently have and nurture him. Isn't that what Moyes does best? Develop players into the best they can be, and Coleman should start at right back.

Fellaini should not be sold. Under any circumstances. It would be similar to the time the RS sold Meireles, the club would get lost and lose games. Fellaini controls the middle like a toy and we would not find anyone as good as him. Who I think we should sell is Rodwell. We're playing the best football we've played this season in the past few months, and Rodwell was not part of that. We obvs don't need him. Moyes is just scared that he'll turn out a boss player, but from what he's been producing before his injury, I doubt that's ever going to happen. People still fawn over his potential, so I say we should sell him while he's hot. I remember in the past few months the Spurs wanted to buy him for 20 mil plus Pienaar. Two birds with one stone, I say.

Rodwell was arguabley our best player up until November.

Weve played better due to players we brought in. Rodwell didnt get a chance to play in the team with pienaar, donovan, jelavic and gibson.

Would be unfair to say we are a better team without him without seeing him play with the new players, or indeed playing with freedom in an attacking role

We're a solid side, but we're lacking pace. If Moyes can pluck a Walcott or Oxlade-Chamberlain from somewhere, then things will look very different. We could really do with keeping Drenthe and Pienaar too.

I'd be very surprised if Rodwell went anywhere until we got to the bottom of his hamstring issues, so I'd expect that no one will be sacrificed in the summer and it will be a case of more wheeling and dealing.

There are so many things to be optimistic about. Recently we've looked really hard to break down, we've been playing attractive football and there has been genuine competition for places. If things go well Vic, Vellios and even Silva could give us goals from the bench when Jelavic draws a blank. Osman, Baxter and Barkley may push Cahill for his role behind the striker. I think though that Gueye is more of a goal-getter than a goal-provider and could work well in the hole. Central midfield and defence are solid, so it's just the wings that need attention.

Unless Moyes decides that Nikica feigning injury and shooting when there are options to pass isn't for him, then there isn't too much wrong with our current side. Should we manage to secure Peanuts and Royston, it would leave the only vacant slot as Cahill's eventual successor.

The future is........ We pick ourselves up and finish above then in the league. Where we are now. Stop obsessing about them coz they'll never beat chelsea or spuds

If we had got through today and played like that in the final we'd have got beat. I suppose I'd rather have a month of league games to get over it and hopefully end the season on a positive than to spend the summer morning a cup final defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.