The Future (Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
£50m ? I doubt the offer would need to be anywhere near that high.

We sold Rooney, our best young talent in years, for £25m.

soz i meant £50 mill was what i hoped, but yeah reckon big bill would find £30 to tempting to turn down which would be so so wrong, as was that measely 25 for rooney, one of the worst bit of businesses this century

Inflation my friend. Although I agree that we would sell for less than 50 mil.

The way I see it, we don't need to consistently put out Fellaini and Gibson, unless we decide to play Fellaini behind the striker on a regular basis. If they are to play consistently in the center, we need one of Fellaini/Gibson and a world class playmaking/attacking midfielder, which we should be able to afford if we sell Fellaini. Ideally, Barkley plays behind Jelavic.

I would play (given our financial realities):

Jeli
Barkley
Pienaar/new playmaker/Gibson/Gueye
Baines/Heit/(Jags or Distin)/warm body

Losing Fellaini would have an absolutely seismic affect on our team. Sometimes i don't think people realise just how much he does for us. The amount of play he breaks up, the way we depend on him for throw ins and crosses the majority of the time, and how he generally stops the opposition midfield from building attacks through the middle of the pitch.

You can't sell him and then replace him with a playmaker and just have Gibson alongside, imo. If you want a playmaker you need to sell off people like Rodwell and Jagielka, players who aren't ever presents when fit. Our reputation as being very difficult to break down (something which is our only saving grace most of the time) would dwindle without Fellaini and his gangly limbs.

Just give me donovan and pienaar in the summer and id be happy and confident for next year.

Oh and a free/loan striker for back up for jelavic.... Rodellaga would do!

Howard
Coleman jags heitinga baines
Donovan fellani gibson pienaar
Barkley
Jelavic

With the likes of distin nev rodwell guaye ossie cahill all challanging and/or rotating in the squad.

Just give me donovan and pienaar in the summer and id be happy and confident for next year.

Howard
Barkley
Jelavic

With the likes of distin nev rodwell guaye ossie cahill all challanging and/or rotating in the squad.

Agreed. Pienaar, Donovan and Barkley all coming into the squad would be brilliant.

Howard
Barkley
Jelavic

Exactly the team I'd pick next season, Pienaar is a must. And I'm confident about Donovan signing.

Howard
Barkley
Jelavic

Nice - with one exception....I wouldn't have Coleman in there. We should be looking for a monster RB this summer alomg with securing Donovan and Pienaar on perm deals

Nice - with one
exception....I wouldn't have Coleman in there. We should be looking for a monster RB this summer alomg with securing Donovan and Pienaar on perm deals

Yeah well tbf if i had the choice and thought it was at all likely to happen i would bring in a RB to that team but....

With the finances of our club, the fact that moyes will still have Nev hibbert and coleman in the squad next year i dont believe for 1 minute anything will be done about RB... Well at least for 1 more year anyway so may aswell try coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.