The future of Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let the everton rollacoaster continue. 3 wins and we are back on the positive threads. I have been an evertonian for long enough to expect to lose the ones we are meant to win and win the ones we are meant to lose.

On the one hand I'm extremely frustrated with our post Christmas results but on the other hand love the fact that we are in a position that allows me to be frustrated and on the forums everyday. I could be in the "don't care" mindset by having a lower to mid table start again.

We have a few chances still for Europe and will keep me on this rollacoaster.

Im sorry but that Redcoat Kenwright and his gang of merry men are to blame for our position once again a lack of ambition in january has completely deflated the team imo and given no one a boost, just look at newcastle to see what new faces can do and more importantly us after last jan and the start of this season end of the day we can blame moyes, jelavic, naismith, neville etc. but it all comes down to Kenwright yet your average match going evertonian will still blame all of those and not Bill and its that reason why I cant be doing with our fanbase at present.

your average matchgoing Evertonian probably only cares about what goes on on the pitch and hold the players and manager responsible for their performance on the day. What a novel idea.

HAHAHA The Sunday People tomorrow has both Fellaini AND Baines (!) joining Chelsea in the summer, and in the same story for Baines, also mentions Moyes going to Chelsea too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...on-midfielder-marouane-fellani-admits-1728118

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ton-left-back-leighton-baines-emerges-1728102

You know what? I just got back from Norwich and I love Everton, but part of me doesn't care any more - at least not who the manager is, or who plays for us.

Sick and tired of being told that certain people are 'too good for us', sick and tired of being patronised by other fans (e.g. comments on the BBC website match report) that Moyes (and Kenwright - !) are the sole reason why we are where we are.

No one is bigger than the club, even if they clearly think they are.

If people aren't committed, I don't care how talented they are, just go.

Maybe one day the majority of people will turn their anger on the real reason why we hit glass ceilings - people like Earl, Woods, and yes Kenwright, but let's never forget the first 2 parasites, and also anyone lurking in the shadows who may have lent people money that is not recorded on the club balance sheets but clearly does result in unofficial power (holding club business meeting on Phillip Green's yacht; using Green's private jet to sign Fellaini, etc). I sincerely hope that day comes soon and doesn't involve a fall from grace, though I fear this will be the case.

The next 2-3 weeks will shape the end of this season, and maybe the immediate future too.

Hear hear

Tuesday will probably define our season and possibly our short term future. A win v Oldham will leave us with a possible trophy to aim at, but a loss will kill the season. It will probably mean the loss of Moyes and at least two of our prized assets and the search for a manager who can at least repeat a Moyes survival plan without any funds. Promotion from within is probably not an option, so a manager who will take on a challenge without much to spend really does limit the options.

A new manager will have the sale proceeds but probably little else.... We need to win the Cup or face a 2013/14 season with a whole new structure.

Im pretty sure a new manager wont see much proceeds all because i think the banks might see a sinking ship and demand their money.

Call me a pessimist.

Today's loss has furthered the belief that I had developed a few months ago. Things are starting to get worse for Everton, and quite quickly.
With the champions league all but out of sights, the blues are condemned to yet another season of chasing cups and getting a solid league position, with no European football. The squad is beginning to look stale after a lack of January transfers, as there doesn't seem to be much inspiration to fight for wins. Results are beginning to look similar to the quality of Wigan or Southampton; a fate that I fear is approaching.
Take Villa as an excellent example. 3 or 4 seasons ago, they were alongside Everton in the chase for Europe, pressing the top 4 in an attempt to break through. After two or so seasons of this, with no success, the side had little funding and subsequently failed to make many signings. This resulted in their current condition- that of a team that is fighting for relegation: something which Everton may face in the next few years.
David Moyes is as good as gone. The only chance he will stay around is if they win the cup (and I doubt they will get past Oldham on Tuesday judging by today's performance), meaning the club will be looking for a new manager: Roberto Martinez. This will summarise the state of Everton, who will be condemned to relegation fights, and ultimately relegation, in the coming years.

With another Europeless season, and Moyes on his way out, (most likely joined by Fellaini, Baines etc.) we are going to become Villa. We will join the lower half of the table and ultimately get thrown into the championship. No money, no talent and no Europe.

I prefer to be called a realist.

Still worried mate?

I am happy to be vaulted, but please vault me in 18 months,its too soon to criticise or praise Roberto yet - but im made up tho.

Call me a pessimist.

Today's loss has furthered the belief that I had developed a few months ago. Things are starting to get worse for Everton, and quite quickly.
With the champions league all but out of sights, the blues are condemned to yet another season of chasing cups and getting a solid league position, with no European football. The squad is beginning to look stale after a lack of January transfers, as there doesn't seem to be much inspiration to fight for wins. Results are beginning to look similar to the quality of Wigan or Southampton; a fate that I fear is approaching.
Take Villa as an excellent example. 3 or 4 seasons ago, they were alongside Everton in the chase for Europe, pressing the top 4 in an attempt to break through. After two or so seasons of this, with no success, the side had little funding and subsequently failed to make many signings. This resulted in their current condition- that of a team that is fighting for relegation: something which Everton may face in the next few years.
David Moyes is as good as gone. The only chance he will stay around is if they win the cup (and I doubt they will get past Oldham on Tuesday judging by today's performance), meaning the club will be looking for a new manager: Roberto Martinez. This will summarise the state of Everton, who will be condemned to relegation fights, and ultimately relegation, in the coming years.

With another Europeless season, and Moyes on his way out, (most likely joined by Fellaini, Baines etc.) we are going to become Villa. We will join the lower half of the table and ultimately get thrown into the championship. No money, no talent and no Europe.

I prefer to be called a realist.

Spot on mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.