The future of Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluelife

Player Valuation: £40m
Call me a pessimist.

Today's loss has furthered the belief that I had developed a few months ago. Things are starting to get worse for Everton, and quite quickly.
With the champions league all but out of sights, the blues are condemned to yet another season of chasing cups and getting a solid league position, with no European football. The squad is beginning to look stale after a lack of January transfers, as there doesn't seem to be much inspiration to fight for wins. Results are beginning to look similar to the quality of Wigan or Southampton; a fate that I fear is approaching.
Take Villa as an excellent example. 3 or 4 seasons ago, they were alongside Everton in the chase for Europe, pressing the top 4 in an attempt to break through. After two or so seasons of this, with no success, the side had little funding and subsequently failed to make many signings. This resulted in their current condition- that of a team that is fighting for relegation: something which Everton may face in the next few years.
David Moyes is as good as gone. The only chance he will stay around is if they win the cup (and I doubt they will get past Oldham on Tuesday judging by today's performance), meaning the club will be looking for a new manager: Roberto Martinez. This will summarise the state of Everton, who will be condemned to relegation fights, and ultimately relegation, in the coming years.

With another Europeless season, and Moyes on his way out, (most likely joined by Fellaini, Baines etc.) we are going to become Villa. We will join the lower half of the table and ultimately get thrown into the championship. No money, no talent and no Europe.

I prefer to be called a realist.

Call me a pessimist.

Today's loss has furthered the belief that I had developed a few months ago. Things are starting to get worse for Everton, and quite quickly.
With the champions league all but out of sights, the blues are condemned to yet another season of chasing cups and getting a solid league position, with no European football. The squad is beginning to look stale after a lack of January transfers, as there doesn't seem to be much inspiration to fight for wins. Results are beginning to look similar to the quality of Wigan or Southampton; a fate that I fear is approaching.
Take Villa as an excellent example. 3 or 4 seasons ago, they were alongside Everton in the chase for Europe, pressing the top 4 in an attempt to break through. After two or so seasons of this, with no success, the side had little funding and subsequently failed to make many signings. This resulted in their current condition- that of a team that is fighting for relegation: something which Everton may face in the next few years.
David Moyes is as good as gone. The only chance he will stay around is if they win the cup (and I doubt they will get past Oldham on Tuesday judging by today's performance), meaning the club will be looking for a new manager: Roberto Martinez. This will summarise the state of Everton, who will be condemned to relegation fights, and ultimately relegation, in the coming years.

With another Europeless season, and Moyes on his way out, (most likely joined by Fellaini, Baines etc.) we are going to become Villa. We will join the lower half of the table and ultimately get thrown into the championship. No money, no talent and no Europe.

Okay mate.

This whole thing isn't Everton.

Everton win play sound football, they go for the throat and from time to time win things. Everton don't sh*t themselves on the pitch. Everton get the ball in the box and have a number 9 attacking the ball. Everton do boss togger.

Eighteen years without a trophy. Eighteen f*cking years. Eleven of them on Moyes' watch. Thirteen of them under the present board. There is no justification for it other than they've let Everton down.

[Poor language removed] them like.

6th position remains a potential Europa League place and we're still in the FA cup. Could be worse. Today was yet another load of bollox like.

If Kenwright is still here if Moyes leaves we're in trouble. Investment is the answer. Only one manager that can work with little funds is Moyes.

We're a bad season away from meltdown on and off the pitch. Something has to give. I'd say only an FA Cup win this season can prevent this organization capsizing under the weight of its own contradictions.

Call me a pessimist.

Even if Fellaini and Baines would leave, they won't go for free mate.

It is only February and I have already made up my mind that I will not be renewing my ST. For too many years that I care to remember Everton have failed to deliver and whilst over paid manager and players are taking the piss won't bother renewing and watch on sky only. I have got better things to do than constantly be disappointed and have too pay for it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.