The future of Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point we will be watching out for what championship clubs get rich investors whilst our bord clings on and see us replace them

Jelavic is a cracking centre forward and the Yak wasn't chopped liver even Saha in his days off the treatment table was a cracker because Jelavic is spending more time in the channels and Felli is supplanting him explains his loss of form

Jelavic wears number 7 though

Oh sorry I thought you were going to contribute something meaningful.

Nice.

I said Everton haven't had a proper number 9 for ages.

You said 'yes we have'

Someone asked 'who?'

You then proceeded to say Jelavic who wears 7 and Louis Saha who a WAS ages ago, and B wasn't exactly a traditional number 9.

You have so much attitude mate it's pathetic as you can't back it up.

It's criminal that Everton haven't had a proper 9 OR 10 for years now.

Nice.

You said 'yes we have'

Someone asked 'who?'

You then proceeded to say Jelavic who wears 7 and Louis Saha who a WAS ages ago, and B wasn't exactly a traditional number 9.

Stop crying and squirming ya tart you were talking about the centre forward/striker and you know it.. what a whine that was.

Agree with alot being said here. I cannot for the life of me understand just why as a fanbase we have put up with the constant begging bowl attitude from those in charge. Yes the wage bill has increased massively but that is the game/business that they opporate in and if you cannot compete then GO and let someone in who can.

The summer we lost Rooney and the Kings Dock for me was the big one. We got Trevor Birch in to try and sort out the finances and he left within 6 weeks! The 4th place the season after masked over what was massive gross misconduct from the owners and nothing really has changed. Moyes isn't blameless though as he has picked up massive wages whilst happily allowing this great club to be seen as some sort of plucky over achievers. GTF! NSNO means something to me. We should have Messi on the wing not Naismith. Obviously that isn't going to happen anytime soon but I bet Man City fans didn't think they would be where they are now a decade ago.

We shouldn't just sit back and expect/accept some sort of general slide towards relegation.

Nice.

You said 'yes we have'

Someone asked 'who?'

I did like Yak. Obviously he wore 22, but he kind of personified a goal-poaching, cool as a cucumber slotter for the first 12 months he was here. His record was boss and he continued it at Everton until he got injured. We had £11.25m to spend on him then, like. Don't know if he's exctly what you're looking for, but he, in my opinion was the best slotter we've had here. Slightly less talented, but better in front of goal than Saha.

I did like Yak. Obviously he wore 22, but he kind of personified a goal-poaching, cool as a cucumber slotter for the first 12 months he was here. His record was boss and he continued it at Everton until he got injured. We had £11.25m to spend on him then, like. Don't know if he's exctly what you're looking for, but he, in my opinion was the best slotter we've had here. Slightly less talented, but better in front of goal than Saha.

Thing is though mate, even Yak was ages ago.

.........the status for me is quite simple - this Manager has taken us as far as he can with the funds available. Realistically his achievement is unbelievable and anything in the top half is par. Without investment we can't go further, so being hysterical over results to date is a nonsense.
Expectations have become too high. The Board have failed to back the Manager. Now is as good as it gets without investment and we all have to accept this. The future is a concern - our main asset is the manager and if he leaves we are in a precarious position. It's difficult to see us progressing with somebody new, so the obvious conclusion is that we will start to drop. By the way, we can still win the FA Cup and top 7 isn't that bad (our neighbours have spent £150m and are behind us).

Status
Not open for further replies.