The Football Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still remember the Feyenoord graffiti from the first time they played us.
There was Crystal palace graffitti by Analfield for years after they played there in a cup match mid 70s,it was still visible up until a couple of years ago

I think the end of the football special pretty much coincided with the introduction of dry trains. I remember getting on a special with six cans of lager strapped to my legs (baggy jeans were needed for this) I must have walked like the tin man from the wizard of Oz.
A few years earlier early 70s I was on a blue streak to palace in the cup and you were actually given a couple of cans on the train as part of the package.

S

stIll haunt me them ordinarys down to West Ham,on top the minute you would get off the tube,all the way to the ground,I do miss the thrill of it though
All london trips were shall we say exciting,plus stopping off at crewe and greeting rival fans on their travels

All london trips were shall we say exciting,plus stopping off at crewe and greeting rival fans on their travels
remember coming back from Gillingham after a night time FA Cup replay and it stopped at some station down south for some reason, An American tourist gets on "hey guys does this train stop in London?" "yes mate have a seat", then he wakes everybody up as he is getting off at Crewe at 3 o clock in the morning!

remember coming back from Gillingham after a night time FA Cup replay and it stopped at some station down south for some reason, An American tourist gets on "hey guys does this train stop in London?" "yes mate have a seat", then he wakes everybody up as he is getting off at Crewe at 3 o clock in the morning!
Them two trips to Gillingham were a long day,the second one when we won there was a load of ICF turned up

Status
Not open for further replies.