The fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

What I still don't get is that to all who witnessed it, its plainly obvious that the level of support we gave our team on Saturday made their job so much easier. Yet there are still some of us who remain convinced its up to the team to get us going first and its acceptable for us to not get going until they do because we are the ones paying their wages.

If we all want what's best for Everton then surely its up to ALL of us to do our bit regardless of whether we think the chairman/manager/players/etc aren't doing theirs. Supporting the team and even more importantly, making the atmosphere as intimidating as possible for the opposition and the referee is the one and only way we can directly influence what's going on on the pitch, so why aren't we all unanimous in doing it? Just think what we could achieve if we were?

What I still don't get is that to all who witnessed it, its plainly obvious that the level of support we gave our team on Saturday made their job so much easier. Yet there are still some of us who remain convinced its up to the team to get us going first and its acceptable for us to not get going until they do because we are the ones paying their wages.

If we all want what's best for Everton then surely its up to ALL of us to do our bit regardless of whether we think the chairman/manager/players/etc aren't doing theirs. Supporting the team and even more importantly, making the atmosphere as intimidating as possible for the opposition and the referee is the one and only way we can directly influence what's going on on the pitch, so why aren't we all unanimous in doing it? Just think what we could achieve if we were?

The fans I believe are up for every home game
The simple problem is the players aren’t always up for it. So what happens is 10mins into a game the fans see another under performing team, who show little passion and little desire, and they become disillusioned and react in wanting more from the team
Saturday the fans were up for it and the team started off fast and worked hard…so it worked well
I don’t believe it’s solely the fans that need to motivate young men earning on average 60k per week….. surely motivation and work rate are things that should come naturally

The fans I believe are up for every home game
The simple problem is the players aren’t always up for it. So what happens is 10mins into a game the fans see another under performing team, who show little passion and little desire, and they become disillusioned and react in wanting more from the team
Saturday the fans were up for it and the team started off fast and worked hard…so it worked well
I don’t believe it’s solely the fans that need to motivate young men earning on average 60k per week….. surely motivation and work rate are things that should come naturally
Are you highly motivated every single day at work ? If you are, would you stay as motivated if 10 minutes after turning up some narky arse was screaming how abuse at you ? This idea that the amount of money you get paid increases your motivation to try harder at work is ridiculous, we don't expect that from ourselves so why do we expect it from them?

Are you highly motivated every single day at work ? If you are, would you stay as motivated if 10 minutes after turning up some narky arse was screaming how abuse at you ? This idea that the amount of money you get paid increases your motivation to try harder at work is ridiculous, we don't expect that from ourselves so why do we expect it from them?
I reckon you will berate MP’s, Bankers and the likes
But you will pander to over paid pampered footballers

Amazes me how people defend some of our players, who let’s be honest have let us down over the last few years….

For example in work today I really didn’t bother my balls doing much but then there was no one cheering me on so why should I?

I reckon you will berate MP’s, Bankers and the likes
But you will pander to over paid pampered footballers

Amazes me how people defend some of our players, who let’s be honest have let us down over the last few years….
I'm not defending our players, but I also don't see how berating them helps them or more importantly the team.

Your statement about them being overpaid and pampered suggests that your attitude towards them has more to do with personal jealousy than wanting higher standards for EFC. I imagine you are one of those fans for whom every professional footballer is one bad performance away from a mouthful of abuse simply because they are actually good enough to get paid to play the game and you arent

"It was interesting to hear Keane suggest in his post-match interview his new boss has increased the team's intensity. It was clearly visible in Everton's victory over Leeds but I've seen this Everton before. New manager, renewed enthusiasm, but then it all evaporates so quickly. New owner Farhad Moshiri, with the support of Bill Kenwright - the chairman that fans were so keen to hold responsible for their lack of success - have delivered Carlo Ancelotti, Benitez and now Lampard in quick succession. I wonder who they will hold responsible if this goes wrong?" - Garth Crooks.

"It was interesting to hear Keane suggest in his post-match interview his new boss has increased the team's intensity. It was clearly visible in Everton's victory over Leeds but I've seen this Everton before. New manager, renewed enthusiasm, but then it all evaporates so quickly. New owner Farhad Moshiri, with the support of Bill Kenwright - the chairman that fans were so keen to hold responsible for their lack of success - have delivered Carlo Ancelotti, Benitez and now Lampard in quick succession. I wonder who they will hold responsible if this goes wrong?" - Garth Crooks.
1644918638545.png

Status
Not open for further replies.