The fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you acknowledge that it's possible for our fans to 'win three points' but getting behind the team and then deny that its also possible that the crap we've given the team for the last few years can have the opposite effect? Talk about wanting your cake and eating it.
We’ve been [Poor language removed] for 27 years. They should be doing their best no matter what. Today just proved they are mentally weak.

We’ve been [Poor language removed] for 27 years. They should be doing their best no matter what. Today just proved they are mentally weak.
If you had a load of lads streaming behind you at work just waiting for any excuse to scream how [Poor language removed] you are at it, how do you think it would effect your performance?

Likewise you would be the first to acknowledge that having those same lads shouting encouragement would likely make your job easier to do, so why is it so hard to understand that barracking them isn't going to suddenly turn them into works beaters.

Mate I said it the other day were reactionary fans. If things are going up the shitter Goodison will be rotten but when things go good like today there’s no better place on earth.

Wouldn’t change it. We’re starved of success. Am too young to have seen our last trophy and all we want is good times. But I hate the shouts of fans being the problem which is absolute nonsense

How can you acknowledge that it's possible for our fans to 'win three points' but getting behind the team and then deny that its also possible that the crap we've given the team for the last few years can have the opposite effect? Talk about wanting your cake and eating it.
Such a good post!

If our positivity has an affect on the players then surely our negativity does too!

I'm just grateful that the zombified happy clappers didn't need me and the rest of the protesters to face more abuse & wake them from their slumber yesterday.

That's what a progressive, passionate and committed manager who has our side trying to play football the right way gets you, and only two weeks in the job, great stuff Fronk.

Seriously, well done to everyone in the stadium for turning up and backing the manager and players, the atmosphere and support was probably better than the Villarreal and fiorentina games from moons ago under moyse, and it was incredible then - Goodison is a really magical place when it's like that, and I'll be a gibbering wreck when we finally leave her.

A week ago until we scored Brentford's fans were trolling us - it's a library - shall we sing for you and so on.

When we did score we flipped that around and it was bouncing. Now it's hard to do that all game but if we channel nasty Goodison, like when an opposition player does a bad challenge on our player, from minute 1 we would be a difficult team to play. We need to urge the players to chase down and not sit back and let the groans become the dominant noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.