the fans

could fans be to blame too??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minor point, but we could stop having cringeworthy meltdowns in reaction to individual bad results.

Yes, there are a lot of things that need improving. Games like Sunday are embarrassingly bad. And many things are in the process of being improved.

But why are we never bothered about them after victories and satisfactory draws?

Genuinely cringe at some of the stuff I read on Twitter from Blues with a media presence after defeats.

i think that only just half of fans polled having confidence in their own fans coupled with the events of the last few days have confirmed that everton fans are indeed a large part of the problem infecting the club and preventing success.

Minor point, but we could stop having cringeworthy meltdowns in reaction to individual bad results.

Yes, there are a lot of things that need improving. Games like Sunday are embarrassingly bad. And many things are in the process of being improved.

But why are we never bothered about them after victories and satisfactory draws?

Genuinely cringe at some of the stuff I read on Twitter from Blues with a media presence after defeats.

We should never accept utter humiliation like we had on Sunday.

If you're happy to tolerate that sort of capitulation then we may as well wind up the club.

People care and emotions are high. People are allowed to be unhappy and upset. I'm still pretty annoyed now.

But if you want an overall picture of the general feelings, then dont look at Twitter.

Its not just that one game though, it's an accumulation. KP stadium in December, the 5-2. The Leicester penalty shoot out, going out the FA Cup. Its come after so much disappointment and rightly so. Theres only so much people can take when these crabs arent bothering to turn up.

We should never accept utter humiliation like we had on Sunday.

If you're happy to tolerate that sort of capitulation then we may as well wind up the club.

People care and emotions are high. People are allowed to be unhappy and upset. I'm still pretty annoyed now.

But if you want an overall picture of the general feelings, then dont look at Twitter.

It’s not about “tolerating” defeats, whatever that even means in practice. It’s about having genuine, long-term concerns and not being capricious.

Let’s not give the average football fan too much credit; they just want their team to win to make themselves feel a bit better for a week. That’s literally all it amounts to for the majority of fans.

Its not just that one game though, it's an accumulation. KP stadium in December, the 5-2. The Leicester penalty shoot out, going out the FA Cup. Its come after so much disappointment and rightly so. Theres only so much people can take when these crabs arent bothering to turn up.

Heard it all before mate. It’s always a long-standing accumulation of grievances about everything under the sun, until it stops when we get a few wins. Hence proving the point.

It’s not about “tolerating” defeats, whatever that even means in practice. It’s about having genuine, long-term concerns and not being capricious.

Let’s not give the average football fan too much credit; they just want their team to win to make themselves feel a bit better for a week. That’s literally all it amounts to for the majority of fans.

Again, I'll repeat it, people are allowed to be unhappy. And you're allowed to feel indifferent or whatever way you feel.

There is no right or wrong way to feel. People are different.

Again, I'll repeat it, people are allowed to be unhappy. And you're allowed to feel indifferent or whatever way you feel.

There is no right or wrong way to feel. People are different.

Sure. I’m just pointing out that their unhappiness seems to disappear with a victory, which calls into question their reasoning that their unhappiness reflects structural problems with the club.

Sure. I’m just pointing out that their unhappiness seems to disappear with a victory, which calls into question their reasoning that their unhappiness reflects structural problems with the club.

Of course theres a lot of fickle behaviour. Wins always cover over the cracks and cheer people up.

But you can hardly claim we're a shining example of how to run a football club. We've been a mess for years now on and off the field. That game on Sunday just summed up everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.