The fans should be sacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes when they protested and got their previous owners out of the club

They also had a walk out that stopped a huge rise in ticket prices.

West ham also protested and the whole club changed. This isn't necessarily about forcing people out. If it raises standards at all that's a good thing.
Liverpool weren't in the vulnerable position we are, hovering above the zone with a new ground about to be built. They knew H and G couldn't afford to just bin the club, that they'd be forced to sell to get their huge outlay back. Here, these chaps could send us over a cliff without a care in the world.

I do remember the last time Anfield turned on them. It was during Hodgson's era when they were in danger of sliding down the league to being also rans. They turned the atmosphere into a toxic mess and sorted it out very quickly. That's what happens with the top clubs, failure isn't tolerated.
they never turned on the players. Their ire was all directed at one man.

Didn't Paul Konchesky get hounded out of the club to the point where his Mum went on Facebook and called Liverpool fans Scouse scum?

If you seriously think they'd clap along after losing 5-2 at home to Watford and to us 4-1 then fair enough.
no doubt he got a hard time on the street. I'm talking about during the game, the crowd I can't recall them ever turning against the team. Because it's so self defeating.

no doubt he got a hard time on the street. I'm talking about during the game, the crowd I can't recall them ever turning against the team. Because it's so self defeating.

There's been plenty of times their ground has been empty come the final whistle. There's groans when their players have continuously misplaced passes.

Stop the self hating and place the blame where it so clearly lies.

There's been plenty of times their ground has been empty come the final whistle. There's groans when their players have continuously misplaced passes.

Stop the self hating and place the blame where it so clearly lies.
your support for 'placing the blame' has a real risk of relegating us.

Yup I would, the majority of the players are a disgrace and have been for some time!
This just makes it so clear to me that the fans are a big problem!

To call the players a 'disgrace' is bizarre. Most of them are trying pretty hard I think in a very competitive environment

Yes, the fans are putting a bit of money into the club, although nothing compared to the amount the owners have put in

Bizarre again to then criticise the owners, fellow providers of capital, whilst taking no personal responsibility to create a positive culture

This just makes it so clear to me that the fans are a big problem!

To call the players a 'disgrace' is bizarre. Most of them are trying pretty hard I think in a very competitive environment

Yes, the fans are putting a bit of money into the club, although nothing compared to the amount the owners have put in

Bizarre again to then criticise the owners, fellow providers of capital, whilst taking no personal responsibility to create a positive culture
Ok I give in it’s all the fans fault! The owner, the board, the recruitment, the manager(s), the players etc etc are all wonderful and the fact we are 15th in the league and now 5 points off the bottom three is all the fault of the 39000+ who show up every two weeks at Goodison!

Ok I give in it’s all the fans fault! The owner, the board, the recruitment, the manager(s), the players etc etc are all wonderful and the fact we are 15th in the league and now 5 points off the bottom three is all the fault of the 39000+ who show up every two weeks at Goodison!
I've said enough on this, but yes, of course the people in there doing it have the most direct impact on performance

But 39,000 people in the stadium being supportive during difficult times vs 39,000 bringing negative energy is surely going to make a difference in terms of player and management psychology? So it is a factor

The fans just seem to think because they've paid their gate money, they have no other responsibility. Imagine if the owner thought that way - 'well, I've put in my £500m, I can take no responsibility and be massively critical of the team, management etc'

But of course, for anything to work, the owner needs to take a balanced view and put time and effort into trying to make things work. It's a shame some fans can't do the same and use their brains a bit more - I don't think a lot is expected of them - just a positive contribution when they are in the ground would be helpful I expect...

Status
Not open for further replies.