The Fanbase - it's your fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obvious point: everyone has and can have an opinion.

What I don't like about modern football is the short-sightedness and jealousy of the modern fan, including ours.

Klopp and Pochettino are just two examples of sides built upon an identity and a slower time scale build. An example closer to home? David Moyes.

Already some of you are turning on Silva. 5 games in. New manager, staff, way of playing, players...yet after 4 games an unbeaten start is seen as underwhelming and - as per other threads - 5 / 10 and lower 'scores'.

Most of the time it seems to be built on "well we were ace in the 1980s, why shouldn't we aspire to being better?!". Agreed, but by doing so it's important to avoid stamping your literal / electronic feet of "but i want it NOW".

Not even pasting money at a side guarantees you titles anymore. Look at Utd. Look at what they've spent and they limp along in the shadow of Ferguson's golden era completely based on longevity and long term planning.

No-one was going to walk into our club this summer, not even Pep / Jose / Simeone and turn a team of ours into leathering everyone we've played so far this season. Gomes, Mina, Bernard and Zouma, players we've all said are good buys, have barely even played yet. So some of you are judging Silva on player's we all conceded throughout last season weren't good enough / weren't playing a balanced team.

So yeah, fans are ace and everyone deserves a voice. But contextual debate and perspective is equally important. Something we / all club fans seem to lack at times.

Goodison is the worst place in the country to play your football if you are not having a good game. Just because you have paid your money does not mean you should scream and slaughter players for one bad pass or going backwards when nothing is on. Does no good whatsoever. Support in the match and do your moaning in the alehouse.

I can understand if players are not interested but not one player didn't put a shift in on Saturday. 8 or 9 of them just all had bad games

Goodison is almost at tipping point, I reckon if it gets 1 degree more negative it will actually become a black hole and threaten the stability of the universe! I know we need the team to gee us up, but dear god it is grim there nowadays. I couldn’t believe how loud we made the Huddersfield fans sound.

Obvious point: everyone has and can have an opinion.

What I don't like about modern football is the short-sightedness and jealousy of the modern fan, including ours.

Klopp and Pochettino are just two examples of sides built upon an identity and a slower time scale build. An example closer to home? David Moyes.

Already some of you are turning on Silva. 5 games in. New manager, staff, way of playing, players...yet after 4 games an unbeaten start is seen as underwhelming and - as per other threads - 5 / 10 and lower 'scores'.

Most of the time it seems to be built on "well we were ace in the 1980s, why shouldn't we aspire to being better?!". Agreed, but by doing so it's important to avoid stamping your literal / electronic feet of "but i want it NOW".

Not even pasting money at a side guarantees you titles anymore. Look at Utd. Look at what they've spent and they limp along in the shadow of Ferguson's golden era completely based on longevity and long term planning.

No-one was going to walk into our club this summer, not even Pep / Jose / Simeone and turn a team of ours into leathering everyone we've played so far this season. Gomes, Mina, Bernard and Zouma, players we've all said are good buys, have barely even played yet. So some of you are judging Silva on player's we all conceded throughout last season weren't good enough / weren't playing a balanced team.

So yeah, fans are ace and everyone deserves a voice. But contextual debate and perspective is equally important. Something we / all club fans seem to lack at times.
Haha, in the 80’s the same beauts dads were calling for Kendall to be sacked, this isnt a modern phenomenon sadly, we werent just handed the nickname ‘bitter blues’ we bloody earned it!

I do genuinely think that we could win a Behind Closed Doors Premier League title.

Had this been implemented a couple of years ago our midfield of Barkley, Davies (c) and Tom Clev... Clev..... Snivelley ....

I couldn't even get that far without chastising him and that is proof enough that The Fans Are To Blame

I send a dvd to each player of me booing them whilst watching the live illegal stream I've found, I like to think they're absolutely livid cos I leave the pop ups/ads on as well. If they can't go to the effort of putting in a shift then I'm not editing out the pop ups unless it's an advert that I think could genuinely have benefited them, in which case I'll edit it out.

ahh this thread, the one that comes up after everygame we play shabite at home

no the fans aren't to blame, if we were everton would have a MUCH worse home record than we do

the atmosphere under that fat gravy guzzling machine was toxic last season and yet we still managed to win most games

the atmosphere stinks when the football stinks, I was away this weekend so didn't actually go but the atmosphere was sound against southampton

I was there on Saturday and there was one particular moment when Tom Davies looked up and was about to hit an inch perfect pass to Tosun, who was making an incredible run into space at speed (well he hadn't actually started it yet but it was clear what he was going to do) but then a bloke near me shouted 'I don't know about skateboarding you're playing like you've been WATERboarded lad' and everyone was in bulk but Davies looked up and I think he had a tear in his eye and he said 'You hear that Cenk?' and Tosun said 'yeah mate bang out of order let's not complete this dead good move and from now on just give it away when we get it' and they did and we didn't win so it just goes to show you get what you deserve because Goodison is toxic. Great site lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.