The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the real truth is that by the time Kenwright finally found someone to sell to the damage had already been done by over a decade of managed decline.
Moshiri thought he’d bought a football club whereas in reality he’d bought a husk of a club whose structure was so rotten it was unable to bear the weight of expectation that the investment of £500m incurred.
That is where we are now , a club that has shattered and now needs gutting and rebuilding from the bottom up to have any realistic hope of recovering status and prestige our club once held.
At this point managers are really just sticking plasters while the club needs intensive surgery.
Another post trying to absolve the billionaire owner of any blame!!

Guys I get that you have a deep hatred for Bill Kenwright, but my god pull your head out your ass Moshiri is a clown who has made a catalogue of bad decisions and them decisions are his and his alone. Even if Bill had some kind of hold of him which you want to believe, that still makes him weak and negligible.

No we can't really agree at all, while some of what you say is true it doesn't paint the whole picture.

What we can agree on is that all parties are to blame, but your post try to absolve moshiri of guilt because he pumped money in and because he is building a stadium.

The money he has put in he wasted and he wasted that with bad decisions, and the stadium he is building is his only exit. If he doesn't build that stadium he has zero chance of recovering his money ever!!!

So no it isn't Moshiris only mistake trusting Bill. This narrative suggests he is some incompet push over who has been hoodwinked by some master genious the man is a billionaire business man you don't get there by being a fool! He isn't one!

But the Stadium build was planned and put in place well before we need up here, so it was not a recovery action. He has done what many teams would have liked to have been done, but Bill, DBB, DoF’s and various managers have all screwed up. Just tell me one of them that has done a Sterling job for the club and Moshiri.……

He managed to convince a disturbing number of our fan base he was the 'World's Greatest Evertonian' for a number of years

That he 'mortgaged his house' to save the club too

[he never]
yeah I absolutely get that he’s somehow managed to do this with some fans but often with these things, some dislike him, some like him because he’s the worlds best blue it I’d say the majority of fans were apathetic (The tide seems to be turning in that now thankfully. Unless BKs tenure at Everton is contractual in nature as has been speculated I would find it difficult to fool a Billionaire with a support team behind him when he’s looking to acquire a business opportunity the size of Everton width the bigger prize of the stadium. I do think however that whatever Bill was selling suited Moshiri and Usmanov. In my opinion they were here for one thing only, the development of Liverpool Waters and the stadium. I would characterise his involvement thus…..his serious business with Everton was the stadium, his fun hobby with Everton was thinking he could pick players to play for us. Bill regardless of the nature of his relationship with the club now is along for the shits and giggled as long as he can remain front and centre with his chums

Nobody is saying Bill doesn't carry blame, nobody is saying pre-moshiri Bill wasn't making bad decisions.

But since Moshiri has come in he has taken his control to 94%, where we are today over the last 7 years is largely him and we have sunk lower than we ever have under Bill.

I'm no Bill Kenwright fan I think all fans can see him for what he is now, but blowing 500 million and being in a worse state is business suicide, Moshiri has brought us to the brink any fan that can't see that either doesn't understand how a business is run or they don't want to see it.
But kenwright is the chairman. The head of the board. Of the company so to speak. Kenwright hasnt stopped making bad decisions just coz moshiri has arrived.He isnt just a figurehead he has power at the club. Surely kenwright has played a major role in blowing £500m considering he plays a major role in signings. He then signs his approval before it goes upstairs to moshiri. I dont know why kenwright wasnt binned straight away and i dont know why he hasnt been binned and a new chairman appointed considering our performance. Also why hes been allowed to assemble a board of his mates and not gone and searched for the best talent to work at boardroom level is another problem. I dont get it?

yeah I absolutely get that he’s somehow managed to do this with some fans but often with these things, some dislike him, some like him because he’s the worlds best blue it I’d say the majority of fans were apathetic (The tide seems to be turning in that now thankfully. Unless BKs tenure at Everton is contractual in nature as has been speculated I would find it difficult to fool a Billionaire with a support team behind him when he’s looking to acquire a business opportunity the size of Everton width the bigger prize of the stadium. I do think however that whatever Bill was selling suited Moshiri and Usmanov. In my opinion they were here for one thing only, the development of Liverpool Waters and the stadium. I would characterise his involvement thus…..his serious business with Everton was the stadium, his fun hobby with Everton was thinking he could pick players to play for us. Bill regardless of the nature of his relationship with the club now is along for the shits and giggled as long as he can remain front and centre with his chums

But kenwright is the chairman. The head of the board. Of the company so to speak. Kenwright hasnt stopped making bad decisions just coz moshiri has arrived.He isnt just a figurehead he has power at the club. Surely kenwright has played a major role in blowing £500m considering he plays a major role in signings. He then signs his approval before it goes upstairs to moshiri. I dont know why kenwright wasnt binned straight away and i dont know why he hasnt been binned and a new chairman appointed considering our performance. Also why hes been allowed to assemble a board of his mates and not gone and searched for the best talent to work at boardroom level is another problem. I dont get it?

Because the owner is happy with the job they’re doing.

Perhaps the real truth is that by the time Kenwright finally found someone to sell to the damage had already been done by over a decade of managed decline.
Moshiri thought he’d bought a football club whereas in reality he’d bought a husk of a club whose structure was so rotten it was unable to bear the weight of expectation that the investment of £500m incurred.
That is where we are now , a club that has shattered and now needs gutting and rebuilding from the bottom up to have any realistic hope of recovering status and prestige our club once held.
At this point managers are really just sticking plasters while the club needs intensive surgery.
Great Post.

Another post trying to absolve the billionaire owner of any blame!!

Guys I get that you have a deep hatred for Bill Kenwright, but my god pull your head out your ass Moshiri is a clown who has made a catalogue of bad decisions and them decisions are his and his alone. Even if Bill had some kind of hold of him which you want to believe, that still makes him weak and negligible.
My point was that Kenwright had already damaged the club beyond repair.
Moshiri has made poor decisions, certainly.
But his greatest mistake was not dispensing with Kenwright immediately and beginning a total reconstruction of the club administration.
But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

But the Stadium build was planned and put in place well before we need up here, so it was not a recovery action. He has done what many teams would have liked to have been done, but Bill, DBB, DoF’s and various managers have all screwed up. Just tell me one of them that has done a Sterling job for the club and Moshiri.……
None of them have done a sterling job, I think if you read my post not once have I moved to defend any of them. My reaction has been to the utter misguided idea that Moshiri is some saviour!

And I never said the stadium was a rescue, Moshiri is a business man who bought an investment business. Being the clever business man that he is he realised that to add value, to make the club saleable and to get an eventual exit replacing GP was essential to all areas of the businesses performance. It was started to make his asset more valuable and saleable, sadly through his bad decisions around the running of a football club the stadium now is his only exit strategy.

Make no mistake about it, this messiah that hasn't put a foot wrong would sell the club tomorrow if he could recover his money, and he wouldn't give one tiny crap if it left us dead and buried.

Anyone defending this clown A.) Doesn't understand business in any form. B) Is so blinded by there hatred for BK that they refuse to blame anyone else.

Your totally erght, he should have been removed and the correct people should have been placed in the correct positions in the club. But again this is a bad decision by the very owner people seek to defend.

And I'm in no way defending BK, he has responsibility. But he has been allowed to make bad decisions, he has been placed in the position and he continues to be in that position despite all the evidence suggesting that he is doing more damage than good.

Because the owner is happy with the job they’re doing.
I don't disagree with the point in your reply in any way, he is on "record" as saying as much but, is it just a "media front" masking his real feelings for some reason? I can't for the life of me think why either but is it just a deflection tactic? He may have some misplaced "loyalty" or affection for Kenwright but surely he can't be as stupid as he is coming across with his support for an obviously failing business and board and ultimately a huge, huge loss that would be felt by him.

There has to be some spin in his responses, surely!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.