The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard a month or so ago that part of Kenwright's defence strategy was to deflect blame towards Moshiri. Clearly, that has resonated with some fans.

While far from blameless, the owner has invested continually in recent years. Ideally he should go and that will happen when he sells.

However, anyone with knowledge of the club's history in the past 20 years will be familiar with the lies, deceptions, failed ground moves and various shady dealings etc etc which have been a millstone round the club's neck. Clueless though he is, Moshiri is not the person responsible for all that
Nobody is saying Bill doesn't carry blame, nobody is saying pre-moshiri Bill wasn't making bad decisions.

But since Moshiri has come in he has taken his control to 94%, where we are today over the last 7 years is largely him and we have sunk lower than we ever have under Bill.

I'm no Bill Kenwright fan I think all fans can see him for what he is now, but blowing 500 million and being in a worse state is business suicide, Moshiri has brought us to the brink any fan that can't see that either doesn't understand how a business is run or they don't want to see it.

I heard a month or so ago that part of Kenwright's defence strategy was to deflect blame towards Moshiri. Clearly, that has resonated with some fans.

While far from blameless, the owner has invested continually in recent years. Ideally he should go and that will happen when he sells.

However, anyone with knowledge of the club's history in the past 20 years will be familiar with the lies, deceptions, failed ground moves and various shady dealings etc etc which have been a millstone round the club's neck. Clueless though he is, Moshiri is not the person responsible for all that

If the general consensus is that Kenwright has taken advantage of Moshers then I find the abuse aimed at the owner to be rather unsavoury.

I mean if an arl dear is tucked over by some unscrupulous fraudster who knocks at door offering her the world - we wouldn't hammer her for being scammed would we ?

So when Kenwright seduces/tucks over Moshiri why do we lay the blame at his door when he's a victim of Kenwrights theatrical lies ?

Now thats not to say Moshiri is blameless for our current position as ultimately he's the owner and the culture of the club has to start from him which for me he's failing to set high standards from top to bottom... however those who claim he's destroying the club etc. I wonder did they even support Everton before the money came in ? Because I remember shadow directors, Planet Hollywood, Green and Granchester, Project DK, Kings Dock, GP safety certificate, years of no investment and 24/7 investment search lies.

I can't believe what I read sometimes.

If the general consensus is that Kenwright has taken advantage of Moshers then I find the abuse aimed at the owner to be rather unsavoury.

I mean if an arl dear is tucked over by some unscrupulous fraudster who knocks at door offering her the world - we wouldn't hammer her for being scammed would we ?

So when Kenwright seduces/tucks over Moshiri why do we lay the blame at his door when he's a victim of Kenwrights theatrical lies ?

Now thats not to say Moshiri is blameless for our current position as ultimately he's the owner and the culture of the club has to start from him which for me he's failing to set high standards from top to bottom... however those who claim he's destroying the club etc. I wonder did they even support Everton before the money came in ? Because I remember shadow directors, Planet Hollywood, Green and Granchester, Project DK, Kings Dock, GP safety certificate, years of no investment and 24/7 investment search lies.

I can't believe what I read sometimes.
It's like some people forget the last 25 years

"Who's turn is it to pick the manager this time Bill ? You picked the last one so it's now my turn."

"Right OK then but I get to pick the next DOF."

This is what we have become. No structure to decision making, decisions made on a whim, no-one knows who is really in control, etc. etc. An absolute shambles of how to run a multi million pound business.

This is why they ALL must go. BK/the board first, so that the continuity is broken before the club is sold, then Mosh needs to sell up pronto.

Nobody is saying Bill doesn't carry blame, nobody is saying pre-moshiri Bill wasn't making bad decisions.

But since Moshiri has come in he has taken his control to 94%, where we are today over the last 7 years is largely him and we have sunk lower than we ever have under Bill.

I'm no Bill Kenwright fan I think all fans can see him for what he is now, but blowing 500 million and being in a worse state is business suicide, Moshiri has brought us to the brink any fan that can't see that either doesn't understand how a business is run or they don't want to see it.
They're both imbeciles - they're the same entity and theyll just replicate into another form or person who'll join the board if we're not careful like those hydra animals. Kenwrishi we should call them.

Some of the discussion here is just splitting hairs….they all need to go but whilst we the owner in place Board members need to be first out the door. BK is responsible for the last 25 years, Moshiri for 7 of them and DBB because she has not proven to be fit for office. I don’t believe for one second either that BK somehow managed to hoodwink Moshiri - he’s not bloody Derren Brown!!!

Some of the discussion here is just splitting hairs….they all need to go but whilst we the owner in place Board members need to be first out the door. BK is responsible for the last 25 years, Moshiri for 7 of them and DBB because she has not proven to be fit for office. I don’t believe for one second either that BK somehow managed to hoodwink Moshiri - he’s not bloody Derren Brown!!!

He managed to convince a disturbing number of our fan base he was the 'World's Greatest Evertonian' for a number of years

That he 'mortgaged his house' to save the club too

[he never]

Can we agree that Moshiri knows little about football. Can we also agree that Bill was supposed to know and was made Chairman. Can we also agree that Moshiri brought in supposedly knowledgeable DoF’s to invest his money. Can we also agree that he brought in managers such as Koeman and Ancelloti who were names that we never would have gotten. Can we also agree that between the Chairman, various DoF’s and Managers he has been relieved of over £500 Million of his own money. Can we also agree that Moshiri is building the Stadium we always wanted. Look for the guilty by all means, but the only thing Moshiri has done wrong is believe in Bill, supposedly Knowledgeable DoFs and experienced managers, and has been rinsed of his money……….

Perhaps the real truth is that by the time Kenwright finally found someone to sell to the damage had already been done by over a decade of managed decline.
Moshiri thought he’d bought a football club whereas in reality he’d bought a husk of a club whose structure was so rotten it was unable to bear the weight of expectation that the investment of £500m incurred.
That is where we are now , a club that has shattered and now needs gutting and rebuilding from the bottom up to have any realistic hope of recovering status and prestige our club once held.
At this point managers are really just sticking plasters while the club needs intensive surgery.

Yeah there is no point in fans dividing themselves into 2 camps over this. Moshiri looks like he wants out anyway now that he doesn't have Usmanov's backing, and will sell hopefully soon if he can get a decent price. But the continuity with the past must be broken first if we are to have any chance of progressing.

Can we agree that Moshiri knows little about football. Can we also agree that Bill was supposed to know and was made Chairman. Can we also agree that Moshiri brought in supposedly knowledgeable DoF’s to invest his money. Can we also agree that he brought in managers such as Koeman and Ancelloti who were names that we never would have gotten. Can we also agree that between the Chairman, various DoF’s and Managers he has been relieved of over £500 Million of his own money. Can we also agree that Moshiri is building the Stadium we always wanted. Look for the guilty by all means, but the only thing Moshiri has done wrong is believe in Bill, supposedly Knowledgeable DoFs and experienced managers, and has been rinsed of his money……….
No we can't really agree at all, while some of what you say is true it doesn't paint the whole picture.

What we can agree on is that all parties are to blame, but your post try to absolve moshiri of guilt because he pumped money in and because he is building a stadium.

The money he has put in he wasted and he wasted that with bad decisions, and the stadium he is building is his only exit. If he doesn't build that stadium he has zero chance of recovering his money ever!!!

So no it isn't Moshiris only mistake trusting Bill. This narrative suggests he is some incompet push over who has been hoodwinked by some master genious the man is a billionaire business man you don't get there by being a fool! He isn't one!

Status
Not open for further replies.