The Everton Board Thread

I can't be arsed with him, he'll be gone when the new stadium is done anyway
It's funny he's put the money in to the club. Apart from the irregular appearance "hello Jim" on Talkshhhte
and the odd sighting at Goodison, he really has been conspicuous by his absence.

There's probably nothing unusual where's the ones at Big Stand FC, or United or Arsenal.. The point for me
is there's a vacuum of leadership, vacuum of accountability, no transparancy and no desire to turn the club
round from this year in year out perennial mid table dross making up the numbers to a club that might challenge for something and might be befitting of the club we used to be.

I think we're all a bit fed up of this mediocrity each year. But if Moshiri does clear off we'll be in deep

We won't be spending any money that we haven't made through sales until we move into the new stadium, btw.

Whether that's Benitez or another manager.

Personally, I'd rather Benitez not have that money to spend but I can't say that's based on his transfer record here - Gray is a good player, Townsend is what he is on a free - but just because I don't think he's a good manager who'd get the best out of the players.

But this board and DoF and owner have knackered us. Said it before, the sooner the stadium is built the sooner Moshiri sells up, the better imo.

Ped and Baz have been going off in their last few videos.

I'm glad Ped was given the platform the vent though so those on the outside could see how had things are.

Rory Smith made a good point that on paper it looks like a good set up and on the outside it looks like there might be only one person at fault but you have to be part of it to see just how bad things are. Interesting he highlighted the issue of agents taking advantage and Moshiri being swayed by them.

So if a national journalist can see that, then the locals can too and those that cover the area can surely.

They just won't ask the tough questions though.

Don’t really understand how it looks like a good setup on paper tbf

The Owner has zero football knowledge and is beholden to whichever agent has his number that week

The Chief Executive is an over promoted charity worker

Kenwright is Kenwright

Brands is unproven outside Holland and had been over promoted

We’ve had several board members that have been in position because their mates or relatives of Usmanov.

We won't be spending any money that we haven't made through sales until we move into the new stadium, btw.

Whether that's Benitez or another manager.

Personally, I'd rather Benitez not have that money to spend but I can't say that's based on his transfer record here - Gray is a good player, Townsend is what he is on a free - but just because I don't think he's a good manager who'd get the best out of the players.

But this board and DoF and owner have knackered us. Said it before, the sooner the stadium is built the sooner Moshiri sells up, the better imo.

Thats not happening imo - USM wanted a plaything at Arsenal which is what we are.

To believe they'll sell after BMD is built is believing they are chasing a quick profit.

The fact they could have:

1. Built a new stadium in much quicker and cheaper locations other than BMD

&

2. Spent a hell of a lot less on transfers and wages over the years and basically done a Mike Ashley

Makes me believe they are in this for long time - its more ego of owning a PL Club than it is profit imo.

Thats not happening imo - USM wanted a plaything at Arsenal which is what we are.

To believe they'll sell after BMD is built is believing they are chasing a quick profit.

&

2. Spent a hell of a lot less on transfers and wages over the years and basically done a Mike Ashley

Makes me believe they are in this for long time - its more ego of owning a PL Club than it is profit imo.
I didn't mean I definitely think he'll leave, I just mean I kind of hope he does as soon as it's built based on the last few years.

I don't doubt Moshiri's commitment, I just don't think he has a clue.

The Owner has zero football knowledge and is beholden to whichever agent has his number that week

Kenwright is Kenwright

We’ve had several board members that have been in position because their mates or relatives of Usmanov.
Absolutely spot on with your summary of senior figures at the club there unfortunately.

Kenwright is Kenwright

The structure on paper is what looks good. Based on titles alone if you were to write it out on an org chart.

The rest of what you've written is exactly why it's all actually a total mess.

&

Agree with this. Moshiri is going nowhere. Usmanov is going nowhere. They arent even hiding usmanovs involvement anymore. They don't need to sell us. What they have spent on us is barely a drop in the ocean to them and longer term will eventually get back a lot of their money anyway.

I think we will see benitez and brands shown the door in the not too distant future. I actually don't think Bill will be too far behind them.

There was most likely an agreement for him to be kept on for a certain period of time. But now Usmanov isn't really hiding his involvement, I would anticipate that will be coming to an end soon and he will be looking to get rid.

Those in the stand show what is wrong. BK Chairman. Not fit for purpose. DBB CEO. Yesmam. Not fit for purpose. Brands. Brand not fit for purpose. Weak board, weak leadership, weak club.