The Everton Board Thread

I think the one thing we have learned is the bunch of clowns who run the club should not be allowed anywhere near the selection of a manager.

Things I’ve learned:

It’s not “Kopite behaviour” to want to see your club compete and be better than what it is. That term is shame tactics to belittle people. It should be dismissed for the disingenuous term that it is.

Speaking of Kopites, if they were in our position year after year, I strongly suspect some of those who throw the “kopite behaviour” and “just get behind the team”. shouts would mock them constantly.

How many have ties to people at the club, been part of supporters groups, fan forums who in some of the most obnoxious ways possible, dismiss fans legitimate complaints about what has been going on. They know who they are.

The lack of focus on what went on over the summer with regards to protests and the board particularly in fan media spoke volumes. A Retweet or two can be simply explained as covering what’s been going on. People are not that soft.

The club will continue to fall down the most successful pecking order , there’s only so long you can retort with that stuff.

We should have pushed and pushed to get this rotten board and owner out after we just escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth last season. We were put into that position by their utter incompetence recruiting Benitez and leading us to such a parlous financial state that we couldn't spend more than 1.5m. We are going nowhere with these clowns running the club like it's still 1998! Yet a section of fans would never turn on Blue Bill, who has only taken us backwards and sold to a charlatan who doesn't know how to run a football club. We have spent half a billion to go backward, it's criminal mismanagement.

We should have pushed and pushed to get this rotten board and owner out after we just escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth last season. We were put into that position by their utter incompetence recruiting Benitez and leading us to such a parlous financial state that we couldn't spend more than 1.5m. We are going nowhere with these clowns running the club like it's still 1998! Yet a section of fans would never turn on Blue Bill, who has only taken us backwards and sold to a charlatan who doesn't know how to run a football club. We have spent half a billion to go backward, it's criminal mismanagement.
You say that and I completely agree yet there is literally a thread in here asking us to apologise to Bill.

I wonder who is more deluded sometimes, Bill himself or some of his acolytes that loiter in here or on Twitter.

You say that and I completely agree yet there is literally a thread in here asking us to apologise to Bill.

I wonder who is more deluded sometimes, Bill himself or some of his acolytes that loiter in here or on Twitter.
We are never going forward under him or Farhad never. The only way we do is when we are sold and owned by people who know how to run a football club

What do you expect though mate, look at that manager poll and the amount that want Moyes back. I mean seriously come on ffs, Moyes was running out of ideas 3/4 years before he actually left and he is making a bit of a pigs ear of West Ham at the moment after spending £150m. There is a section of our fanbase that are happy with just plodding along and putting up with average players and average managers all the time and it's rooted in the Kenwright/Moyes era of the 'Plucky little Everton' rubbish. A lot of fans at other clubs just would not put up with some of the stuff we have had to over the years and I'm not really sure why we keep doing it as it makes us look like proper little 'customers' which I hate tbh.

What do you expect though mate, look at that manager poll and the amount that want Moyes back. I mean seriously come on ffs, Moyes was running out of ideas 3/4 years before he actually left and he is making a bit of a pigs ear of West Ham at the moment after spending £150m. There is a section of our fanbase that are happy with just plodding along and putting up with average players and average managers all the time and it's rooted in the Kenwright/Moyes era of the 'Plucky little Everton' rubbish. A lot of fans at other clubs just would not put up with some of the stuff we have had to over the years and I'm not really sure why we keep doing it as it makes us look like proper little 'customers' which I hate tbh.
Agree but we are no longer plodding we are sinking!

The mindset is wrong at the club at the top, and has been for years. There's been a decline of the standards of what constitutes success. What is our raison d'être.

Well quite simply Nil Satis Nisi Optimum is out dated because the club doesn't function with that in mind and hasn't done for in excess of 30 years.

What it means to be Everton now is not what it used to be. I think we're all realistic to know we are not at the level of City and others up there. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the standards the club abide by and what they think Everton should be. We seem to be a club that wants to just exist in the top league. Nothing more. Even back in Moyes' day that was far from acceptable but at least there was a level what became a level getting in to Europe and being the best of the rest. Not acceptable for me because we should have been challenging for the title. Reaching finals. We got to one.

The decline set in before then 10-15 years and more. That meant we were not expected to win the league. Not expected to challenge for the league. Not expected to win trophies. Now look at us.

The people at the board are culpable. At least we've had some good times.

We need an owner who doesn't dilly dally, or dither, like Moshiri has, we need an owner that has a robust plan to turn the club in to a successful club. They don't grow on trees but they're not as unattainable as Kenwright would have you believe.

"The Greatest Trick The Chairman Ever Pulled Was Convincing The Fans He Was Everton's Best Custodian".​

Nonsense tbh. Moyes had us in the top 6 and playing very good football in his final season. How exactly is that ‘running out of ideas’. He’s done a great job at West Ham regardless of how they have started this season.

How anyone can watch us become a perennial bottom half team since he left and deride the consistent top 7 finishes he brought, I’ve no idea.

We were crap for a decade before he came and have been crap for a decade since he left. You can’t put mediocrity at his door.

Nonsense tbh. Moyes had us in the top 6 and playing very good football in his final season. How exactly is that ‘running out of ideas’. He’s done a great job at West Ham regardless of how they have started this season.

How anyone can watch us become a perennial bottom half team since he left and deride the consistent top 7 finishes he brought, I’ve no idea.

We were crap for a decade before he came and have been crap for a decade since he left. You can’t put mediocrity at his door.
Sorry but Im just not a Moyes fan that's all, I don't like his football and he has limitations as a manager, it's also us just being stuck in that same old cycle of PL managers, sorry not for mw mate.

Fair enough. With our board though, I’d be amazed if we looked outside of Moyes/Martinez/Nuno

To be fair their bandwith is very limited. DBB might be able to organise a charity car boot sale but she's as much use as a chocolate tea pot on the board.
This is our trouble. The likelihood is it'll be spin the bottle between Moshiri and Kenwright.

Our board.
Chuckle.jpg