The Everton Board Thread

That's fair enough mate

If it does go tits up though will you have the courtesy to admit the concerns were valid?

I'll be happy to admit I was wrong if they do a good job for instance

Well yeah anyone is allowed to have concerns. I haven’t at any point made a definitive claim about these prospective owners, good or bad, because I can’t predict the future. What I have said and will continue to say though, is that our current owner has been an unmitigated disaster and given enough time I believe he’ll take us into the abyss. That’s based on factual evidence from the past 6 years.

Absolutely in terms of money involved. But the bottom line does still end what happens on the pitch

And the owners that treat club's like a yacht tend to be more successful that the ones that see it as a asset to make money.
And right now we have no idea which category they will fall in.

Ive said many times my wish isn't to sell to Kenyon and co (I don't care who buys us) my wish is to get it out of the hands of Moshiri and Kenwright.

Well yeah that'd make sense why we'd be the 4th biggest sale. What other clubs generally get sold? Mostly those in financial crisis or poor clubs because football clubs are so valuable. We're objectively probably one of the top 8 biggest clubs in England (at least) meaning by proxy we're probably one of the top 25 ish clubs in the world in terms of value. Now in terms of that if any other team above us were getting sold outright then they'd probably be sold for more than we are, they're just not for sale.

Newcastle were sold for £300m and they're a nothing club, who were set for another relegation before they were bought, this year was amongst our worst ever seasons and it was still not near theirs. It's not at all inconvincible that we're worth considerably more than they are, especially considering Ashley probably could've gotten more for them but decided to cash out without much fuss, he was also very vocally selling the club, Moshiri might be doing that privately but publicly he's "committed" meaning that a good offer has to be made.

It's a huge amount of money for a club like ours without alterior motives IMO.

Ashley made bank on selling Newcastle to a endless money pit of Saudi investors. They're fine.

It's a huge amount of money for a club like ours without alterior motives IMO.

Ashley made bank on selling Newcastle to a endless money pit of Saudi investors. They're fine.
But it's not though, if every other club in the league was being sold then any team in the top 10 would probably command that same fee. I mean look at Burnley, whatever about the weird way they were sold they were still valued at £170m, are we really saying that Everton, one of England's most successful teams, are worth less than 3x that of Burnley? We can only guarantee that Arsenal, Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool and Spurs are worth more than us in England, with each of those clubs are worth easily £2b each. If you're a potential buyer looking at buying a football club in England we're literally the next best thing outside of the "top 6" and we're available and for literally a quarter of the price.

Chelsea are a huge global brand based on the sole investment of Roman Abramovich. £3billion was to clear the debt and investment he put in.

£500million to buy us makes us the 4th most expensive club acquisition in world football (I believe) after Chelsea, United, Arsenal - all 4 have bigger fanbases and global reach than we do. We're not at their level for a new owner to think we'll turn around their investment any time soon.

We'll be in a long haul until the stadium is done.

The stadium alone will be worth around £1 billion, they dont even have to have ua top 4 for us to be doing well, financially.

The stadium alone will be worth around £1 billion, they dont even have to have ua top 4 for us to be doing well, financially.

Which is what I'm alluding to and said weeks ago. The stadium is key. The price to buy Mosh out and the stadium all leads to being business first, football 2nd.

As apposed to Moshiri's 6yrs

I think last season and the Benitez appointment has fogged many of our fans opinions in fairness.

The 6 years have seen:

1x 7th place finish

2x 8th place finishes

Start of a world class stadium build

Appointment of Carlo Ancelotti as manager

Near unlimited amount of funds provided to the managers/DOFs to spend on players (sadly spent very badly).

It's not been a period of success but its hardly been a disaster either. Tell Sunderland/Blackpool/Newcastle/Villa/Bury/Burnley/Bolton/Blackburn/Wigan/Derby/Leeds fans that we've had it so bad and they'll laugh in your face.

We laugh when entitled fans of clubs like Man Utd, Arsenal and RS claim to have had it rough over the years but we honestly are not far behind in the self pity stakes.

But it's not though, if every other club in the league was being sold then any team in the top 10 would probably command that same fee. I mean look at Burnley, whatever about the weird way they were sold they were still valued at £170m, are we really saying that Everton, one of England's most successful teams, are worth less than 3x that of Burnley? We can only guarantee that Arsenal, Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool and Spurs are worth more than us in England, with each of those clubs are worth easily £2b each. If you're a potential buyer looking at buying a football club in England we're literally the next best thing outside of the "top 6" and we're available and for literally a quarter of the price.

We're not valued at £500million as a club and a brand, it's £500mill to pay Moshiri back, then invest another £500million into the stadium. It wipes the personal debt Moshiri has invested.

We're not attractive as a club outside the top 6 now on the field with no assets. We're behind West Ham, Leicester, Wolves, and not too long to say Newcastle.

On the field needs an entire rebuild and investment. But if you've bought the club having already dumped £1billion into it without the global reach of Chelsea, Arsenal, United etc....what's going to happen on the field?

Depends if all you seek is instant gratification or not?

Do you want 2-3 years of Moshiri followed by good new owners and good times

Or

Rid of Moshiri now, bad US owners for the next 10-15+ years of further bad times

Pick your poison...
Bur who are these mystical 'good owners' you think will appear in 2/3 years? What if they don't arrive? What if moshiri reigns in all spending, runs us like Mike Ashley style for the next few years (which saw them relegated), and new owners don't come and moshiri has opted out.

The choice you are suggesting is a myth and isn't the actual circumstances.