The Everton Board Thread

But you were for James Rodriguez, Richarlison et al.

Short memories.
Is that a collective you? Or do you think I'm an some kind of fan ambassador? I personally thought we should of signed someone less injury prone, affordable and younger than James that had similar attributes. It was a vanity signing that ultimately didn't benefit us long term despite him being a galactico. It also brought sassy into our lives which was nice but for me it encapsulated the naivete and near sightedness he is known for.

You could make an argument for Koeman and Alladyce all to have been given more time.

Koeman finished 7th the previous season in which fans were rioting at Goodison for his head 6 games into the following season.

Alladyce took a rag tag bunch and had us 8th even if it was ugly on the eye. Again the fans were obsessed with a "philosophy" "young and progressive" appointment and we ended up with Silva/Brands wasting £200 million in the process.
Mate Koeman had turned into Phil Mitchel before he was sacked, sacking him was a mercy killing, still yet to see a man so broken by us.

Disagree, he's whitewashed over the issues.
The current executive carrying out a 'strategic review' is pathetic.
They are largely responsible for the litany of awful decisions that got us into this mess and now they're 'marking their own homework.'
To me, it's incredible that he's allowing those who have woefully underachieved to allegedly find the way out of the mess they helped create.

No new shirt sponsor as yet...
No sleeve sponsor for two seasons...
No sponsor for Finch Farm...
No sponsor for the Ladies Team...
No sponsor for the training/warm-up kit...
No naming rights partner for BMD...

And he's leaving BK and Co in situ to solve these massively important issues ???
We desperately need sponsorship revenue, even those with impaired vision can see that much from the accounts.

He could buy me a pint Andy and I'd appreciate the pint without feeling like I needed to throw it over him because of all the mistakes he's made.

It is what it is - acknowledgement.

Acknowledgement of his mistakes, and acknowledgement of the support.

I wasn't expecting anything else.

Besides, actions>words.

Is that a collective you? Or do you think I'm an some kind of fan ambassador? I personally thought we should of signed someone less injury prone, affordable and younger than James that had similar attributes. It was a vanity signing that ultimately didn't benefit us long term despite him being a galactico. It also brought sassy into our lives which was nice but for me it encapsulated the naivete and near sightedness he is known for.

Ultimately mate the question is simple - if Moshiri sells up after moving to BMD will he leave the club in a stronger position to progress than when he first rocked up at a run down Goodison with a penniless owner on the back of 3 failed ground moves?

The answer is yes.

The problem is fans are inpatient and want instant success.

Now thats understandable with the money spent but we as a collective have played our part in demanding instant success rather than having patience and seeing building blocks put in place. People talk about Brighton but no way Potterball lasts 38 games finishing 16th and keeps his job - between the fans and Moshers himself he would be toast.

Moshiri and the fanbase are a mere reflection of one another - desperate for glory after 2 decades of a failed Kenwright Regime happy to make up the numbers.

Fair play to him. But he is our Maj, he has to come out and say something the buck stops with him.

It's all very well telling us about the strategic review - let's be honest names he mentioned are small fry.

What about Kenrwight? What about our CEO? Exactly what IS going to change at the club to bring the
club out of this 30 year slumber? We need new blood at the club that is both business and football savvy.

Is the chairman not culpable for failure at the club under his chairmanship? Or are we just here
to exist? And latch on to any crumb of good times?

The carpet bagging clown needed to say, in so many words: "Sorry, I tried to over-ride everyone else at the club and get my own way and I wont be doing that again in a hurry".

I expect more autocratic behaviour in the future.

He could buy me a pint Andy and I'd appreciate the pint without feeling like I needed to throw it over him because of all the mistakes he's made.

It is what it is - acknowledgement.

Acknowledgement of his mistakes, and acknowledgement of the support.

I wasn't expecting anything else.

Besides, actions>words.
To me though, it's an acknowledgement that suggests he's been forced into a corner to respond rather than him (or the Board) issuing something immediately after the end of the season.

As sure as eggs are eggs, he's seen the results of the GOT EoS Survey, and been advised that even the Echo have asked serious questions and he'll have been advised of the criticisms on various podcasts - and yet, he's failed to acknowledge the inadequacies in the boardroom.
Granted, I wasn't expecting an "I've sacked the board' message but, other than the reference to the Kyiv friendly, that message says nothing.

He's claiming credit for appointing Lampard when he wanted Pereira !!
He appointed Benitez despite (allegedly) BK saying it was a huge error - but BK never showed the gonads to walk away on principle.

There's no way he or the board should be having any say in transfers yet, he's previously talked of a 'collegiate approach.'

My gut reaction is that he needed to say something and at least has done that much.

I just cannot understand why he would want to entrust improvement and progress to a team of people that have wasted almost every penny that he put in. Not to mention his own interference in matters of no concern to him.

"You did not deserve the frustration and fear that the season brought."

Indeed we did not.

I cannot give 100 chances to this board, we risk our future by continuing with them.