The day Everton made you cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twice for me.

Elland Road 1980......the night Hammers beat us in the semi final replay.

I cried like a baby after the game......to this day the vision of Lampard pere dancing round the corner flag haunts me in my bad dreams :(

Wimbledon Day 1994......I don't know if it was tears of joy or just sheer relief but I sat in the Bullens, just where it meets the Street and cried me a river that day.
It's only football...

It would seem odd to give a like for this mate, given reflectiveness of the post.

Yeah sorry mate that was maybe a bit too reflective but that was the only time i cried at an Everton game. On the day only a few seconds after explaining my 'moment' as we kicked off, our spirits were lifted (over a few seat rows if i remember) and it was like my personal prayer had just been answered by someone watching over us - and i'm not religious - but that's why it sticks in my memory.

Yeah sorry mate that was maybe a bit too reflective but that was the only time i cried at an Everton game. On the day only a few seconds after explaining my 'moment' as we kicked off, our spirits were lifted (over a few seat rows if i remember) and it was like my personal prayer had just been answered by someone watching over us - and i'm not religious - but that's why it sticks in my memory.

Mate don't apologise. We all carry some thing from the Hillsborough tragedy. Every year on the anniversary I reflect a lot.

Too many times

Like loads on here have said its just Everton isn't it?

Character building whether you're a kid in school,or the only Blue in a workplace of trophy-hunting,glory-seeking fans of "bigger" clubs.

We will win again.

Started in 1953 semi final, lost 4-3 to Bolton, me and my mate Mick, I was 12 he was ten we went on our own, he cried his eyes out at the end of the match, I consoled him so had keep my tears in check, we had been going together ever since until the end of last season he's not too good, he was the fan who climbed up a drain pipe at Wembley in 1968 against WBA
I was 12 years old that day and recall this vividly.....assuming it was the same bloke. My dad and I were queuing patiently to get in and this ticketless guy was scaling the fence to join us. Trouble was, the fence overhung a drop of dizzying (at least to my young eyes) height and had barbed wire. He was trying to cock his leg over the jutting fence whilst dangling over this drop. Quite a few people thought he's be a goner if he'd fallen. I had to move forward in the queue before I saw whether he got in or not. Fast forward a few hours and the match is under way. Dad and I in our seats up in the top tier near the tunnel end (we had most of wembley allocated to us that day) and who appears beside us in the aisle but the guy himself. Dad asked him if he hurt himself whilst getting over the railings. He replied that he was OK but had ripped his leg on the barbed wire. Wasn't satisfied with gaining entry however....he wanted to get down the far end where the bulk of the Everton fans were. After a brief chat with us he was off trying to get there. If it's the same bloke, hats off to a true (if slightly crazy!) blue.

I too shed tears that day

I was way too angry to cry that day.

That is the angriest I have ever been after a defeat.
I was furious in the ground, i was so angry the Wembley stewards came ovre and had a word! It was outside when it all sunk in, what we had actually done, and how the RS would crow about it for months and months! It more or less broke me that! I didnt go to anothe rgame for a couple of years!

I was furious in the ground, i was so angry the Wembley stewards came ovre and had a word! It was outside when it all sunk in, what we had actually done, and how the RS would crow about it for months and months! It more or less broke me that! I didnt go to anothe rgame for a couple of years!

And then there was the "joint" victory parade......:rant:

Didn't cry, but did faint at the United semi final in 09. First time I properly saw us get to a final. Proper weakling me!

Most gutted I've been at a game was West Brom away 05 losing 4-0. Didn't think we were going to come out of that run.

I can remember crying after finding out Big Dunc left for Newcastle when I was about 16 , he was god to me.
Winning the cup in 95 when I was about 13 and a half.
And when we beat Newcastle at home last game season a few years ago when I was in my mid 30's
Players came around by us with their families and seeing them just got me all emotional as my love and effection for goodison and everyone associated to everton got me all soppy.
I was probably drunk as a saucepan

Status
Not open for further replies.