The day Everton made you cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tears of happiness ... after we beat Newcastle to get back in the Champions League

Tears of sadness ... 'abide with me' @ 2009 cup final thinking of a boyhood friend who died at Hillsborough, the 20 years that had passed, and how standing next to his sister at the final it would probably have been him and i standing there together, red & blue, both supporting Everton.

I'll never forget when Wimbledon scored the second goal, I remember running into the kitchen bawling. My father who isn't really into football was absolutely disgusted how anybody could carry on like that over football.
The Wimbledon game I just sulked,couldn't understand how we could concede two in a game of that magnitude. Pure tears of joy after.
The cup final I was in bits,seeing them putting the ribbons on the cup before the 90 was up to then us scoring was a huge high, gutted with the end result. Everton that.

Tears of happiness ... after we beat Newcastle to get back in the Champions League

Tears of sadness ... 'abide with me' @ 2009 cup final thinking of a boyhood friend who died at Hillsborough, the 20 years that had passed, and how standing next to his sister at the final it would probably have been him and i standing there together, red & blue, both supporting Everton.

It would seem odd to give a like for this mate, given reflectiveness of the post.

I've never cried after any of our crushing defeats, though God knows there have been enough of them. The only time I have had tears in my eyes at Goodison was the Justice for the 96 tribute before the Newcastle game in 2012. I thought it was such a touching thing for the club to do and it was carried off perfectly. Still brings a tear to my eye thinking about it now.

2012 semi final loss to Liverpool. I was 16 so too old to be crying really but went for a piss in a bar that night after a few too many drinks and just couldn't stop thinking about how many times Everton had made my life an absolute misery. I was even getting upset at Villarreal and the league cup semi vs Chelsea ffs.

Luckily I splashed a bit of water on my face and walked out just in time to see some old woman launch an entire glass of wine over her fella which cheered me up massively.

The day we beat Newcastle 2-0 which (virtually) guaranteed us 4th - was so proud and couldn't believe we'd actually done it after the whole Rooney thing - it felt like the start of something big

Shame it wasn't

1985/86 season my first season supporting the blues. 30 years later i am still recovering from the rs winning the double!!

Status
Not open for further replies.