The day Everton made you cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were loads reduced to tears at that game. It felt like we would never get any glory again. And yet that team contained the first signs of something so special. It needed few quality tweaks of course like Bracewell, Gray and Van den Hauwe. Don't think big Nev played in that QF either. It is hard to be patient when we are so desperate for success. I see some parallels with our current situation to be honest. That first trophy will be so important to create and sustain a winning mentality.

So true. Someone said the other day that Martinez was a cup manager rather than a league one. Winning silverware this season or next will be a massive stepping stone for this squad.

I may shed a tear or two at the Etihad if or when we get through and are at Wembley.

I came on here in May 2009 to wish the Toffees luck in the FA Cup final. Like a bad smell, i have lingered ever since. I must admit i didnt expect to still be here 6.5yrs later. Im averaging 24 posts a month. Prolific.

So basically what you are saying is that you're here until we reach another FA Cup Final?;)

Watford fa cup win, first thing i had seen us win, half time against Wimbledon, that was a mix of crying , rage, and insanity. and king derby goal i had waited sooooooo long.

I came on here in May 2009 to wish the Toffees luck in the FA Cup final. Like a bad smell, i have lingered ever since. I must admit i didnt expect to still be here 6.5yrs later. Im averaging 24 posts a month. Prolific.

And you are always a most welcome visitor, Yid :)

As a 14 year old coming home from Arsenal away in 97 thinking we were down . I wouldn't say crying but that's as close as I've come .

That and selling big dunc hit every young blue at the time very hard. When he scored twice on his Newcastle debut I was at charlton away and we won but I was still sick to the stomach hearing the news from st James park .

I remember being at that Charlton game and a cheer going up when news of Duncan scoring came through.

Another thing I remember about that game was the home team having recently returned to their own ground and them playing "Into The Valley" over the tannoy as the team's came out.

That had always stuck with me for some reason.

Haven't cried yet but came close straight after Saha scored in cup final.. I thought this is it we're actually going to win it... But oh no

Status
Not open for further replies.