The Crown Jewels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if twenty million came in, he'd be sold. Most defenders don't go for the same money forwards do and while I'd like to see us play hard ball and sell him for David Luiz-esque money, Bill doesn't have the balls.
One thing you can't knock Bill for is his negotiations when selling.....look at the Lescott and Fellaini fees.....and if you're still unsure tell me any other chairman in the Galaxy who could get over £6M for Victor Anichibie?

One thing you can't knock Bill for is his negotiations when selling.....look at the Lescott and Fellaini fees.....and if you're still unsure tell me any other chairman in the Galaxy who could get over £6M for Victor Anichibie?

A genius is our Bill, if only he could negotiate selling the club

I think if twenty million came in, he'd be sold. Most defenders don't go for the same money forwards do and while I'd like to see us play hard ball and sell him for David Luiz-esque money, Bill doesn't have the balls.
When you see defenders like Mangala being moved around for 30M + and David Luiz for 50M, even the liar would know the true value of the future Everton and England captain. 20M wouldn't even raise an eyebrow i don't think.

In fairness out of our 4 most valuable players he bought 2 of them and tried to buy the third!
That's if your opinion on who our most valuable players are is accurate. I'd say stones Barkley an Coleman would be involved in our top 4

Lukaku macarthy Kone they're the top 3 in Amounts paid 2 of which we over paid for by some distance

83cd3f4833e26ea860c74aa3514bf6d5e5bc13aecaf35c13eb47a8bf0699caf8.jpg

Lukaku macarthy Kone they're the top 3 in Amounts paid 2 of which we over paid for by some distance
Lukaku 28m.... one of the best young strikers around. Value for money, is quality and can only get better.

McCarthy 13m.... Again, one of the best players in his position in the premier League and is key to the Everton first 11. Arguably Everton best signing for years. Top teams want him. Young too.

Kone 6m... whilst he is a dud, he was unlucky with the injury. At Wigan he did look alright and I could understand the fee. Proving to be a dud now though... 6m ?? Meh whatever.

Besic 4.5m.... Another top signing it seems. Still finding his feet but it's clear this lad is going places and it's only a matter of time before him and McCarthy are paired together week in and week out to complete the best young center mid tandem in the league.

That's his 4 most expensive signings. 3 are top class and will eventually be world class. 3 out of 4 isn't too bad and in today's market, only one of those is of a higher fee (lukaku). So to say Martinez is scary with money is a little silly at this stage, don't you think? I don't want to hear what he did at Wigan. For Everton football club, when he has got the cheque book out, he has bought pretty damn well.

Status
Not open for further replies.