The Crown Jewels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill-Kenwright-agaren-som-vill-salja.jpg

Moyes_2884902.jpg

Roberto-Martinez-006.jpg

Sounds like he expecting to lose a big player or 2. The Stones to Chelsea link worries me the most.
If they had any sense they'd try and get him now before he takes his game to another level. Because I think if a bid of 30mill ish came in Bill would see the dollar and run. But if he develops next year we're looking at 45mill plus.

If they had any sense they'd try and get him now before he takes his game to another level. Because I think if a bid of 30mill ish came in Bill would see the dollar and run. But if he develops next year we're looking at 45mill plus.

I think if twenty million came in, he'd be sold. Most defenders don't go for the same money forwards do and while I'd like to see us play hard ball and sell him for David Luiz-esque money, Bill doesn't have the balls.

The only player thats untouchable is stones, everyone else has a price.

TBH not too worried about big names leaving this summer

Yep, our valuations of our players will disinterest the clubs thàt are supposedly interested in signing these players. They can get better players for the same, or even cheaper prices from abroad.

I think if twenty million came in, he'd be sold. Most defenders don't go for the same money forwards do and while I'd like to see us play hard ball and sell him for David Luiz-esque money, Bill doesn't have the balls.
Manu paid £34m for rio ferdinand 13 years ago when he was 24. Transfer fees have doubled since then at least. It's hard to doubt that he will be one of the best defenders in the league for many years to come. £30m would be an absolute steal!

Cope with the lose of 'key assets'? We couldn't cope with a few injuries and the handful of extra fixtures that the Europa League gave us ffs.

This summer could prove to a defining factor for our Club. We could keep the backbone of the Team intact and add a few quality players to the squad to show some serious intent. Or sell off a couple of key players, then try and fill the gaps with barely adequate replacements on the cheap, in the hope they are able to make the grade.

Getting things wrong with our transfer dealings in the summer could set the Club back years and have us hanging around the 8th, 9th 10th places instead of pushing ahead, and showing that last season wasn't just a fluke.

That said, I seriously believe we will hold on to our main players, get rid of some of the deadwood, try and bring in a couple of decent replacements on loan, and splash a bit of cash for (possibly) Aaron Lennon and one, maybe, two others. Then it will be down to Roberto Martinez to take hold of those Tools and prove that he is a Craftsman, not just a DIYer.

Status
Not open for further replies.