The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catch 22. The fans are silent and you can hear the groans when its not going well, which wont help.

But also, the players have to do their bit. If they are so lethargic from kickoff, misplacing passes and getting run ragged, that will only seep into the fans.

Do the fans need to spark the players or do the players need to give the fans something to sing and shout about?

It was actually ok today in spells or at least much better then normal. It's no surprise that once the players got stuck in the fans responded. I still think a singing section is the way forward. In the Gwladys people try and get somthing going all the time but they're isolated and are mostly met with blank stares from people around them with maybe a handful of others responding who are scattered about. That wouldn't be a problem if you have a group together who are commited to really giving it a go on a section designed for that purpose. Once a group of people are singing, making enough noise and generating an atmosphere, others will follow.

It was actually ok today in spells or at least much better then normal. It's no surprise that once the players got stuck in the fans responded. I still think a singing section is the way forward. In the Gwladys people try and get somthing going all the time but they're isolated and are mostly met with blank stares from people around them with maybe a handful of others responding who are scattered about. That wouldn't be a problem if you have a group together who are commited to really giving it a go on a section designed for that purpose. Once a group of people are singing, making enough noise and generating an atmosphere, others will follow.
Can't wait to moan about the singing section not singing.

I understand the calls for the players to get the crowd going, it’s a fair point. For those of us who were going in the 90’s tho , particularly during the “Mike Walker saga” it wasn’t like this and we were truly abysmal.

Trying to understand it really, it could be with some people and this is just a guess, the years of false dawns and one step forward two or three back may have started to take their toll and a sort of apathy or pessimistic feeling has crept in. I dunno, maybe some just can’t be bothered or they have a hangover ha ha.

Won 2-0 today and a load of people who watched the game on telly, are moaning about the crowd not getting behind the team. Have a day off lads, or get yourself a ticket and come and change the atmosphere.
This all day.....people having a go at fans at the match on here dont go the game themselves, so should wind their necks in. If the team put in a glimmer of effort the crowd will get behind the team (as they did today) and its been that way for many years

Sold out again. Massive well done to the match going support. Think if we pressed higher and with more intensity the crowd would be at it from minute one, but getting that kind of press wrong and we could be 3 down at half time ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.