The case for Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you remember his stint at hull mate he got off to a flyer the way he set his team out but then teams twigged it but he just carried on in the same vein and they went down, similar at Watford got off to a flyer again twigged and they started to down like a brick.

The way he is going with us he's looking for his hat - trick mate!

Imagine starting next season with the form we are on now? We would be where Huddersfield are! Do you want to gamble with the future of the football club in the Premier league?

Keeping Silva will be a gamble! One I dont think we should be prepared to take when he has so many doubts about his ability and all these poor statistics follow him around every club..... Ive seen nothig from him this season to suggest he is the man. AND for all those saying we could and should have beaten a top 6 side teams like Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Leicester, West Ham, Southampton, Bournemouth, Watford and Wolves all have!!!
This is what worries me he is a bipolar coach. His team is either good or utterly hopeless. What if the good run only lasts a few games next season and we start sinking like a stone like we are now? We will end up being relegated. He has no idea how to arrest such a slide he has shown this three times now. I want to back him but the lack of progress, lack of fixing basic issues at the back and stubborn selections makes it very very difficult.

Yeah dave thinks we should have signed more players in the Winter window despite having a squad of 43 first team players earning roughly 150m a year to finish 11th.

Hes not very bright, thankfully Dave isnt in charge, Marcel the God is and he wont be wasting money on TOSH.
middle-finger.png

Koeman didn’t get a striker either.
...he had the money to get one...he didn't because he chose to go with a pop gun attack...then when he realised he'd made a huge error he belatedly that window tried to entice Giroud north.

An absolute walloper.

I cant believe EFC dont have a corporate legal case against Koeman. I'd like to see him court and then jailed for a very long time.

How come? His records with Hull and Watford were horrendous. He was not even at Martinez’s level. At least RM won a cup and relegated Wigan at the same time. Koeman done well at Soton for 2 seasons while BFS got a greater reputation than Silva, as a fireman and been around the PL for a long time.

Football exists outside of the Premier League...

Wouldn't now, but he's on a hiding to nothing when the board assess him at the end of the season. He hasn't shown anything to suggest he's worth any more of a gamble.

Agreed. I hope privately he understands that he has to have turned things around well before the end of the season. Unless there's some evidence he can right some of the basic errors they would be failing in their duty if they didn't bring the axe down then. I just don't want to see it happen during the season if they can possibly avoid it. For one thing, the choice of available managers is so greatly reduced and no-one wants another firefighter surely?

For me, he hasn't played a proper defensive midfielder.
I'd like to see him give it a go.
I'd like to see him do something like this against Cardiff.

We can go on about not replacing Lukaku, stones or even Barkley but the fact is, we've never even replaced Barry.
Yea, Gana is great at passing but isn't great at distribution so it's pointless playing him just in front of the center halves.
He doesnt seem keen on McCarthy or Schneiderlin and he's sent Benny out on loan.
He has to give one of these two a go and I hate to say it but morgan might be the best bet as he can string a pass better than McCarthy or Gana.
I'd also recall Holgate and Play Richarlison on the right in front of him.
Richarlison is better at getting back and covering at right back than lookman.
I'd put Davies at 10 because he works way harder than Siggi and can hold the ball up and find a short pass.
I'd go with Tosun up top because although he's not a great scorer, he at least looks like he bothers defenders.
I'd put Bernard on the left because he cant play anywhere else and when he's good he's very good. He could form a good partnership with Digne.
Against Cardiff, I'd go
--------------Pickford
Holgate, keane, Zouma, Digne
-----------Schneiderlin (or McCarthy)
Richarlison--Gomes (or Gana)--Bernard
--------------Davies
------------------Tosun

I get this post seems more like a game day post but if he made a few simple changes, there'd be a case for Silva in my eyes. He wont tho.
Bring on Bielsa :)

Agreed. I hope privately he understands that he has to have turned things around well before the end of the season. Unless there's some evidence he can right some of the basic errors they would be failing in their duty if they didn't bring the axe down then. I just don't want to see it happen during the season if they can possibly avoid it. For one thing, the choice of available managers is so greatly reduced and no-one wants another firefighter surely?

I disagree, check out the next manager thread. About 20 or 30 listed in there.....

...he had the money to get one...he didn't because he chose to go with a pop gun attack...then when he realised he'd made a huge error he belatedly that window tried to entice Giroud north.

An absolute walloper.

I cant believe EFC dont have a corporate legal case against Koeman. I'd like to see him court and then jailed for a very long time.

That’s not all entirely true. The Giroud thing was early-ish in the window.

But I know for a fact Koeman was offered other strikers, including Josh King from Bournemouth who I actually don’t mind at all....but turned them down. The bloody weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.