The Captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckers

No idea what’s going on.
I've been thinking about all of this nonsense going on at the moment and suddenly thought, what about the captain?

Shouldn't the club captain or at least the captain on the pitch be the number one guy responsible for motivating the team? It was then I began to wonder if our distinct lack of a proper captain could be the problem. You can say a lot about Jags but looking back he held things together on the pitch for a long time, the same could be said of Dave Watson.

Even when we were truly awful some decent captains came out of it. So maybe when it comes to recruitment we should be looking to get a new captain. Someone that can truly lead on the pitch. Somehow I doubt that a policy of only buying young players will provide this. Certainly not in the short term. Siggy and Seamy just don't seem to cut the mustard. And let's face it if he was trying Davies out for a while he must know he has a problem himself.

So chaps, who is it going to be, someone we already have or someone new.

tenor.gif

I've been thinking about all of this nonsense going on at the moment and suddenly thought, what about the captain?

Shouldn't the club captain or at least the captain on the pitch be the number one guy responsible for motivating the team? It was then I began to wonder if our distinct lack of a proper captain could be the problem. You can say a lot about Jags but looking back he held things together on the pitch for a long time, the same could be said of Dave Watson.

Even when we were truly awful some decent captains came out of it. So maybe when it comes to recruitment we should be looking to get a new captain. Someone that can truly lead on the pitch. Somehow I doubt that a policy of only buying young players will provide this. Certainly not in the short term. Siggy and Seamy just don't seem to cut the mustard. And let's face it if he was trying Davies out for a while he must know he has a problem himself.

So chaps, who is it going to be, someone we already have or someone new.

As a collective fan base, we were all screaming in unison for Coleman to be given the armband. Now that he's got it, we're all screaming in unison that he needs to be replaced.

People over rate captains, especially in this day and age. You don't get big characters in football anymore, every player now is media trained and feeble. What we require are good, consistent players who take pride in doing well, we don't have those types in our dressing room right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.