The blue correspondent(not@bungle !!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the old editions of any old EFC books which have gone out of print are very hard to get hold off .....l search most days for them either extinct or too expensive......I have a large collection mainly from my car booting days .....
Blue correspondent is up there with his internet articles plus @ManxBrian with his goal photos .....
The hours put in must be phenomenal to record our history .....
My late father a mad blue without fail posted the Saturday night Football Echo to his brother in London all his life even when he died youngish my late mother kept that tradition going ....as in London we had four blues fanatics in the family .......
That didn't answer my question:
*Read
*Bought
*Gave away
*Studied
*Plagiarised
*Formed a religion around
*Written

...Books

I wholeheartedly apologise Joey. What specifically was it?
It's about a guy under the name of The Blue correspondent that has posted the pink echo sports pages through our history .... who has dedicated his life on posting the football echo reports of games from most eras for you to read ..... whether he has written books or not he has produced wonders for our history as a club .....

It's about a guy under the name of The Blue correspondent that has posted the pink echo sports pages through our history .... who has dedicated his life on posting the football echo reports of games from most eras for you to read ..... whether he has written books or not he has produced wonders for our history as a club .....
I have no issue with the person being discussed, I'm sure Billy Smith is a nice guy. I don't understand how someone, not you incidentally, can write "done books"

I have no issue with the person being discussed, I'm sure Billy Smith is a nice guy. I don't understand how someone, not you incidentally, can write "done books"
He may have under another name I thought you knew, from your post - sorry wires crossed, as far as I know as the first post states its on the internet mainly ...... some great bygone articles the title by @Dario Terracotta is the clue to your enquiries ......

Any of the older vintage(hello @Joey66 @Eggs @ManxBrian @allezlesbleus !!!)or anyone who has a bit of time on their hands during this lockdown period,get on this great site https://bluecorrespondent.co.uk/1969-70/february1970.html a little difficult to navigate maybe but a plethora of information from the 1900s up to the present day,mainly local newspaper reports,echo and old evening express,everything really interesting reading who we were liked with,players talking to the echo before big games/afterwards,I've only scratched the surface myself,had a look at the build up for the week up to the oldham 1954 promotion game,the players celebrated with orangeade!!5000 blues locked out!! recommended!!!

Brilliant, remarkable effort to be fair.

As you say, it's a shame it's a little difficult to navigate.

Billy Smith the blue correspondent is a major person belonging to the Everton Heritage society - the atrticles he has produced on the title of this thread started in 2010 - like the dedicated few like Steve Zocek Rob Sawer etc have contributed in keeping the history of our club plus other events going over a period - they have contributed to books being written in the past ..... the title of this thread ables you to research his work .....

Status
Not open for further replies.