The Big Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our midfield is one of the worst in the league. We need at least 2 in there and one of them must be a defensive midfielder.
Updated version.

Release: Kenny, Delph, Sigurðsson, Tosun, Lonergan, Gibson

Loan return: van der Beek, El Ghazi

Sold: Kean (€31m), Virgínia (€5m)

Likely to go: Mina (Our best CB albeit injury prone, unless he signs a new contract, Tarkowski could be his replacement, for free), Gomes (Big wages, offer nothing, hope we get a couple of millions back), Gbamin (£10m?), Rondón (free)

27 men squad:-

Keeper: Pickford, Begović, Crellin
Right-back: Patterson, Coleman
Left-back: Nkounkou, Mykolenko
Centre-back: Holgate, Keane, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Tarkowski (free)
CM: Allan, Doucouré, Davies, Gallagher (loan with obligation to buy, he idolised Frank by the way), Grillitsch (free)
AM: Iwobi, Dele
Winger: Richarlison, Gray, Townsend, Gordon, Johnson (£20m)
Striker: Calvert-Lewin, Boardhead, Nketiah (free)

Young academy players off to the Championship or League 1 on loan to gain experience. Simms, Price, Dobbin, Onyango, Welch, Warrington.

We keep all our best players without breaking ffp. Offer our best players extensions. Happy days.

Got to be looking at frees and hungry players from the championship/other leagues like Germany/France etc.

Tarkowski, Kamara, Grillitsch, Swift, Lawrence and Nketiah are all obtainable players who’s contracts are expiring. Get a couple of them in and then spend money on the other positions which need filling; Johnson if Forest don’t come up being one I’d be after.
Frees you say?

YARMOLENKO IS BACK ON LADS

Got to be looking at frees and hungry players from the championship/other leagues like Germany/France etc.

Tarkowski, Kamara, Grillitsch, Swift, Lawrence and Nketiah are all obtainable players who’s contracts are expiring. Get a couple of them in and then spend money on the other positions which need filling; Johnson if Forest don’t come up being one I’d be after.
Would love to have him but think he is out of our range.

I think we've actually done well with our loans aswell and should cash in. Broadhead, Simms and Virginia probs fetches about £10 mil between them. We have to do this more.

I think we've actually done well with our loans aswell and should cash in. Broadhead, Simms and Virginia probs fetches about £10 mil between them. We have to do this more.
A soon 24 years old Wales international will worth a few millions.

Reckon we lose 2 of Pickford Richarlison and DCL.

I cannot believe Rondon has another year.
We have no problem with ffp. Will keep all of them as long as they don’t wanna leave. Our shinny new stadium is on the way and under FL, we stay up the future is bright the future is blue.

Granted. Realistically who would you keep and buy mate?

I would sell one of Pickford, Richy or Dom personally not because I want to but I’m just worried about the club financially. Richy for the higher fee and the fact I want to see him lift trophies.

GK: Pickford, Begovic, Tyrer
CB: NEW, Godfrey, Keane, Branthwaite
LB: Mykolenko, Nkounkou/LOAN
RB: Patterson, Coleman/LOAN/FREE
CM: NEW, NEW, Doucoure, Davies, Warrington, Price
CAM: Dele, Iwobi
LW: Gordon, Gray, Dobbin
RW: NEW, Townsend
ST: DCL, NEW, Simms

I think we’re desperate for some left-footers. Quite a few CB’s in the Bundesliga I’d go for that aren’t expensive, few in France, Sutalo at Zagreb will be brilliant, I like Rob Dickie at QPR. I think we need a proper number 6 now like Anton Stach, Kylian Thuram, Grillitsch, Yangel Herrera (City loan farm), or a punt from a lesser league like Ladislav Krejci from Sparta Prague. A good technical midfielder with an engine like a Tommy Doyle, Nico Seiwald, Djibril Sow, O’Riley at Celtic, Alex Scott (Bristol City), Jason Knight, Tommy Doyle, Swift, Hamer (Coventry) etc. I like Johnson from Forest and the lad at Hull but think a left-footed RW is needed too: Ludovic Blas wouldn’t be too pricey, there’s a decent winger at Bodo/Glimt whose name escapes me. Striker? Well I’ll assume here DCL stays so it needs to be a cheap backup from the lower leagues/abroad: Brereton Diaz, Semenyo, lad from Luton, I’m a massive fan of a young German striker called Shuranov. If DCL leaves I would love someone like Ivan Toney up there.

Shopping in the PL, by and large, should be off the table. We just can’t afford it.

I would sell one of Pickford, Richy or Dom personally not because I want to but I’m just worried about the club financially. Richy for the higher fee and the fact I want to see him lift trophies.

GK: Pickford, Begovic, Tyrer
CB: NEW, Godfrey, Keane, Branthwaite
LB: Mykolenko, Nkounkou/LOAN
RB: Patterson, Coleman/LOAN/FREE
CM: NEW, NEW, Doucoure, Davies, Warrington, Price
CAM: Dele, Iwobi
LW: Gordon, Gray, Dobbin
RW: NEW, Townsend
ST: DCL, NEW, Simms

I think we’re desperate for some left-footers. Quite a few CB’s in the Bundesliga I’d go for that aren’t expensive, few in France, Sutalo at Zagreb will be brilliant, I like Rob Dickie at QPR. I think we need a proper number 6 now like Anton Stach, Kylian Thuram, Grillitsch, Yangel Herrera (City loan farm), or a punt from a lesser league like Ladislav Krejci from Sparta Prague. A good technical midfielder with an engine like a Tommy Doyle, Nico Seiwald, Djibril Sow, O’Riley at Celtic, Alex Scott (Bristol City), Jason Knight, Tommy Doyle, Swift, Hamer (Coventry) etc. I like Johnson from Forest and the lad at Hull but think a left-footed RW is needed too: Ludovic Blas wouldn’t be too pricey, there’s a decent winger at Bodo/Glimt whose name escapes me. Striker? Well I’ll assume here DCL stays so it needs to be a cheap backup from the lower leagues/abroad: Brereton Diaz, Semenyo, lad from Luton, I’m a massive fan of a young German striker called Shuranov. If DCL leaves I would love someone like Ivan Toney up there.

Shopping in the PL, by and large, should be off the table. We just can’t afford it.
The most difficult thing is can we get rid of all these unwanted players in one go?

The most difficult thing is can we get rid of all these unwanted players in one go?
Quite a few have contract expiring so that helps a lot, I’m sure Richy is going, Coleman retiring and Allan probably going and I’d sell Mina, DCL possibly leaving

Hmm well from my outs list:

Lonergan - Contract Ending
Tosun - Contract Ending
Delph - Contract Ending
Soggy - Contract Ending
Kenny - Contract Ending
VDB - Loan Ending
El Ghazi - Loan Ending

Holgate
Mina
JPG
Allan
Gomes
Rondon

I think we could get up to £10-15m for most of them and Rondon can probs just be paid off at this point. Don't think it's impossible anyway.

Posted in the transfer thread

In an ideal world we could move these on...

An enormous amount in wages + perhaps around £90mil in fees.

1: Sigurdsson out of contract
2: Kenny out of contract
3: Tosun out of contract
4: Delph out of contract
5: Lonergan out of contract
6: Van De Beek end of loan
7: El Ghazi end of loan
8: Kean Pretty much gone
9: Allan
10: Mina
11 Holgate
12: Keane
13: Gomes
14: Gbamin
15: Rondon
16: Virginia
17: Gray
Allan and Mina makes sense. They'll have resale value. Holgate or Keane makes more sense as selling 3 of our first choice CBs just won't happen no matter how much we might like it to happen. Holgate probably the more likely to go I think.

Gomes we can definitely do without. Adds nothing to the team.

Rondon will stick around as will Gray. Gbamin - who knows?

I think we'll move on Richarlison or DCL in the summer.

That takes us to 8-9 first team out, which seems unlikely.

Incomings I think will be quieter. We absolutely need a CB who can play a high line and a CM or 2. The the rest we can look to loans for.

Status
Not open for further replies.