The Back Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until Coleman gets back in October we have to deal with this defence.

Two seasons ago we conceded 66 goals, last season we conceded 57; already this season we've conceded 6 in 3 games, so we're already on schedule for another horror show.

Our back four has to be:

Garner---Tarkowski---Branthwaite---Mykolenko

If we're not scoring we have to fasten down at the back. That is way more solid than

Patterson---Tarkowski---Branthwaite/Keane---Young.

The very least this manger can do is make that simple enough switch until October.

Although hopefully he's bringing in another CB to hand another option there.
Your argument fell down with Garner, our central midfielder as a right back!!

I thought Gueye in the main was awful last season. Him and Onana have absolutely NOTHING when it comes to a partnership or offering anything like the kind of midfield we need.

If we had any strength in depth, I'd bench the pair of them for the foreseeable
This exactly, Gueye has been at best poor since he came back, Garner has to play centre midfield. Such a promising young midfield player should not be ruined by playing him out odf position. When everyone is fit again I think 4-3-3 is the way to go, with Garner, Onana and Doucoure making up for he midfield. I'm not sure Dyche will ever go with a 4-3-3 though.

Great contribution.

Step aside if you cant make a case.
I don't rage on about on one player when both fullbacks play narrow & the 38 year old left back cost us yesterday by losing the ball in the build up for their lucky goal & his dismal free kicks & corners ...
Both fullbacks are concerning not just the one you rant on about!

1) predictable this was a post from you
2) he (Patterson) was our second best defender yesterday
3) Garner was not and has never been Englands RB. I cannot remember the last Everton player to be Englands RB.

This weird shoehorn obsession is overtly obvious and tiresome.
It's getting like more repeats than the BBC...
I can name worse players than him (Patterson) yesterday...

I don't rage on about on one player when both fullbacks play narrow & the 38 year old left back cost us yesterday by losing the ball in the build up for their lucky goal & his dismal free kicks & corners ...
Both fullbacks are concerning not just the one you rant on about!
To be fair to Dave he does say both fullbacks are an issue.

And hes correct.

We have 4 quite bad 1s, harsh on Coleman, but hes not the player he was.

To be fair to Dave he does say both fullbacks are an issue.

And hes correct.

We have 4 quite bad 1s, harsh on Coleman, but hes not the player he was.
No it's Patterson most times now way he is inpartial - I agree with your post about both fullbacks need replacing with new blood imo ....

Yep. Would take Dier all day for a season. Sit in front of the cb's son and protect the backline and allow Garner and Onana to run the midfield.
I am really suprised this is not something that had been looked at. We desperately need somebody who can protect the defense. Gana is done. We need somebody in there.
Sorry? How long are you taking him for?

Status
Not open for further replies.