The atmosphere at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on mate, the atmosphere at Goodison only needs the sight of 11 men in blue trying their damndest to win and it starts rocking! The quality of football has been horrendous, but even the effort has been poor of late, so Everton players trying their hardest will get things off to a good start! COYB!
very much this, we can be under the cosh and being outplayed but a couple of fruity challenges and getting in people's faces raises the blood of all. Pretty passing it around a team sitting deep is tedious

Truly woeful indeed for well over 30 years (or even 40 years?) Woe is us. Truly truly woeful. Amazing that we sell all our tickets. Maybe the only intelligent ones are TV bandits who don't go, and just boo at their screens, but at least don't throw their money away on Everton. I know a few. Truly woeful . How much more woeful can it get? If only we had the Stoke crowd behind our team. They cheer throw ins. Truly woeful this isn't it?
Season ticket holder for over 40 years. Pipedown

Honestly, give the fans something to cheer and things will improve. Something about sitting down ruins the atmosphere, we really need some standing areas.

We need to reduce the quantity of away fans to ensure that the blue fans can "out-sing" both of them, if required.

What do I know, I'm a top balcony boy?

The fans need something to cheer. As much as I loathed Martinez his first season had the crowd in high spirits and our atmosphere was twice that of the current anfield jizzfest under Klopp.

EFC right now are like a chain reactionof chemicals from fan to player - if we start the season well, play good football and win games the fans will be up for it and it adds to the belief of the players.

If we start the season with few signings, lumber through poor results and performances the fans will be negative, the players heads will drop and the manager will get the bullet like those before him.

This is why for all the "bed wetting" jibes I have banged the drum for action in the Transfer Window as we simply have to get it right this season straight from the off. Any poisonous attitude from the start will only snowball.

Its a chicken and egg thing for some fans. Play great and we will support you vocally else we boo. What happened to simply supporting your team ? Where did this sense of entitlement come from ? We expect top players as well as outstanding prospects and aren't happy when we don't get them, I went to Portsmouth when they were in the PL and the atmosphere was brilliant. When I worked in London in 90's the atmosphere at Palace games (nearest to me) was also brilliant yet they won nowt. It must be brilliant to hear 40 odd thousand singing your name and would give anyone a boost, our players look fed up, do you think they enjoy most home games ?
I know it was crap under BFS but the atmosphere has been rubbish for years before him as some ST holders have already stated.

It was certainly bad last season due I think to resentment at seeing Big Sam as EFC manager, his style of playing and the brief threat of relegation. Before that it was no different to anywhere else since the all seating came in. The exceptions are the promoted clubs with crowds used to League one and the Championship, and where even corners and throw ins are cheered.

I can totally understand fans deciding not to vociferously support players who don’t make an effort, but in recent years our players have been rubbish rather than lazy.

They’ve lacked talent, not effort.

In recent years they have most definitely lacked both......it's why we are, where we are.

The atmosphere in most PL stadia, excluding the away fans section, is generally akin to a library. We are not unique. The efforts the fans in many of the MLS stadia make, Portland Timbers come to mind, are really impressive.

The atmosphere in most PL stadia, excluding the away fans section, is generally akin to a library. We are not unique. The efforts the fans in many of the MLS stadia make, Portland Timbers come to mind, are really impressive.
That is correct. But there are always some people who seem to take perverse pleasure in peddling the rubbish that we are worse than anyone else. It may be a reflection on the way they view life in general, and is rather sad. It might even be incurable.:zzz:

Status
Not open for further replies.