THE 2021/2022 EVERTON WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

She is a five-time winner of the Golden Boot award in her home country and was part of the Sweden squad that finished third at the last World Cup. and her movement and creativity meant she had more shots on target than anyone else in Europe in 2020.-She only Officially left Rosengård 2 nights ago after playing and scoring in her final game, she is also going the Olympics in Tokyo with the Women's Swedish National Team

1625911503881.png

Everton have signed Sweden international forward Anna Anvegård on a two-year deal until the end of June 2023.

The 24-year-old makes the switch from Rosengård following the expiry of her contract, having spent the past two seasons with the Malmo-based club.

Highly regarded as one of Europe’s upcoming talents, Anvegård is clinical in front of goal, earning the Damallsvenskan Golden Boot for her efforts during the 2019 and 2020 campaigns.

Internationally, Anvegård helped her nation earn bronze in the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup in France and scored five goals during Sweden’s Euro 2022 qualifying campaign.

The talented forward will have to wait until she can meet her new teammates as she flies out with the Sweden national team to Tokyo for this summer’s Olympic Games.

Anvegård is Willie Kirk’s third signing of the season after Kenza Dali and Toni Duggan, and says she cannot wait to get started with the Blues.

“It feels really amazing,” she told evertonfc.com. “I’ve been talking with Everton for a few months, and it feels amazing that it’s done.

“I can’t wait to play in the best league in the world and to play for a massive club like Everton.

“It will be really amazing.”

During her time with Rosengård, Anvegård experienced matches under the lights in the Champions League, a competition which she hopes to bring Everton back into for the 2022/23 season.

“The manager spoke to me about the Champions League, how it’s a big goal for the Club to get into the top three,” the Swede added.

“It’s really exciting to now be on this journey.

“It’ll be hard but I think we can get up there.”

Everton Women Sporting and Commercial Director, Sarvar Ismailov, said: “We are delighted we were able to sign an international forward with such an impressive record as Anna’s.

“It’s a huge statement of our ambition. Anna and our other attacking talent such as Toni [Duggan] and Valerie [Gauvin] will cause a lot of threat up front.”

Manager Kirk spoke of the talent Anvegård possesses and the statement from the Club to win the race to sign the forward.

“Anna is a fantastic signing for Everton,” he told evertonfc.com

“There was a lot of competition to get her signature and it’s a big statement in terms of where we’re going as a club and how we are viewed across Europe by other players.

“Anna’s got a lot of talent in front of her and she’s developed into a really important player for Sweden.

“She’ll become a really important player for us.

“She’s flexible in terms of where she can play on the pitch.

“She can play right across the front line, she can play as our leading nine, in behind as a 10, come off the wide areas and drive in-field into those spaces.

“Anna is a really exciting prospect and a really exciting signing for Everton.”

Nathalie Bjorn can play at Centre Back, Right Back, in Centre Midfield, and as a central defensive Midfielder, she along with Anna Anvegård scored in her final game 2 nights ago for Rosengård

Everton have completed the signing of Sweden defender Nathalie Björn on a three-year deal from Rosengård for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old joins with a wealth of experience, having represented her country at the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup and has enjoyed a run of games with Sweden as they qualified for next summer’s European Championship in England.

The defender links up with her international teammate Anna Anvegård who was confirmed as an Everton player on Saturday.

The pair will not be able to meet their new teammates until later this summer, as they fly across Asia for the delayed Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

Once her duties with Sweden conclude, Björn wishes to hit the ground running when she links up with Willie Kirk’s side.

“It feels amazing to be an Everton player,” the Swedish international told evertontv.

“It has been a long process but I’m so happy to be joining this club.

“I feel the Club are building something here and it feels amazing to be a part of that journey.

“It has been a dream of mine to play in other countries and to try see how good I can be.”

Bjorn has her sights set on becoming one of the world’s best, something she feels she can achieve by working with manager Kirk.

“I think he’s a good coach and we have a really good understanding of each other,” she added.

“That played an important part in why I wanted to come to Everton.

“Working with Willie can help me become one of the best football players in the world.

“I feel I’m going to learn a lot just by training with my teammates and by playing against teams with good players.”

Björn becomes Everton's fourth signing of the transfer window and says she’s glad to have a familiar face around the training ground.

“It’s really nice to have Anna here too," added Bjorn.

“We have played together and known each other for a long time.

“It feels nice to have someone there that’s from back home.”

Sarvar Ismailov, Everton Women Sporting and Commercial Director, said “Nathalie was our target since January.

“She is an amazing player, an amazing character and a true leader.

“She is very mature for her age and a rock-solid defender who will definitely improve our backline.”

Kirk holds his new signing in high regards and is confident she can go on to be one of the best defenders in Europe.

“Nathalie is another top signing for this Club,” he told evertonfc.com.

“She adds a lot of competition to our team.

“I have seen a lot of clubs linked with her.

“She had options and it’s fantastic to see her choose Everton.

“Nathalie is technically fantastic in terms of building from the back and will allow us to do that on a different level.

“Her pass appreciation is fantastic in terms of what she gives to her teammates.

“She’s flexible. She can play full-back and defensive midfield but, predominantly, I see her as a centre-back.

“She gives us options to play three or four in defence.

“I believe she can go on to be one of the top defenders in Europe and hopefully we’ll play a big part in that.”

Honestly, you really have to be admired for flogging this thread virtually without any encouragement. A thankless task I imagine, given the lack of interest evident from the near zero responses. Well done.

Honestly, you really have to be admired for flogging this thread virtually without any encouragement. A thankless task I imagine, given the lack of interest evident from the near zero responses. Well done.
I'll have to disagree mate. There are many us that are interested in the Women's team. You'll see more responses once the season starts,
@Ring master is a gun.

I'll have to disagree mate. There are many us that are interested in the Women's team. You'll see more responses once the season starts,
@Ring master is a gun.
Its going to get a lot more coverage with been on sky and BBC this year and i will always do it if anyone read it or not, Its Everton and I am an Everton fan no matter what level of Everton it is, women/u18s/u23s/1st team etc -funny thing is if Everton women have a big game you then get lots comming out to talk about it in a brand new thread as been the way over the years as like the Derby/final-i am expecting us to say the Italian superstar Galli signing the next day or 2 as well just for the simple reason of England v Italy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.