THE 2019/2020 EVERTON LADIES WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUNDAY 15TH DECEMBERR 12.30PM KO
WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE
EVERTON WOMEN 1 ARSENAL WOMAN 3

Everton Woman faced there toughest challenge to date when they faced the champions Arsenal who have won 14 of the last 15 v Everton [the other been a draw],are the top scorers in the league and the 2nd lowest conceeders,with Everton last winning v Arsenal in July 2011,before this xmas break of 3 weeks

Everton started off well with Kaagmans shooting from range with her shot missing Arsenal keeper Zinsberger's left-hand post on 2mins,After a bright from Everton Arsenal began to take control been in Evertons half for the next 5mins, Kelly then had shot for Everton that hit an Arsenal players back on 11mins,but on 13mins Arsenal took the lead when Vivianne Miedema headed home a kim little cross from the right for her 13 in the league and 25th of the season all comps with korpela getting a hand to it, Miedema then missed a similar chance a minute later with korpela saving easy,it was all Arsenal and again they had 2 chances in a minute when Korpela saved from van de Donk after a fantastic ball through from Beth Mead before Jill Roords angled shot just missed the far post,it looked a matter of time before the 2nd would come,it took Everton 41mins to get there first shot on target of the afternoon. Megan Finnigan got on the end of a curling free-kick but it is easy for Zinsberger when a proper connection would have surely been a goal,but somehow Half Time came and it was only 1-0 to Arsenal in a half they pretty much dominated.

Onto the 2nd half and Megan Finnigan got on the end of a corner on 49mins but headed over for Everton,Arsenal then nearly went 2 up on 52mins but for a Fantastic lef handed save from Korpela to deny Dan van de Donk, Chloe Kelly then barged Kim Little in the box for quite a silly foul that led to Kim Little scoring the pen sending the keeper the wrong way for 2-0 Arsenal on 5mins, just 2mins later it became 3-0 on 57mins with Leonie Maier sending in a low cross from the right and Vivianne Miedema is unmarked at the back post tapping it in,it was nearly 4 on 58mins when Jill Roord smashed one over the bar from the angle closing in on the 6 yard box,Everton actually started well the 1st 10mins this half till that pen happened,Everton did pull one back on 78mins when Chloe Kelly found space and send a shot right footed into the keepers bottom left after an error in the Arsenal defence,Not for the 1st time today Arsenal then went close to a 4th on 87mins when a shot was blocked with it just bouncing wide after a deflection off Turner,but the game ended the same score as last seasons 3-1 here

Everton so far have won 5,lost 4 - 2 of those the last 2,from there 9 league games leaving them 5th with this 3 week break were when they return,they are away to West Ham

EVERTON TEAM
Korpela,Turner, Van es, George, Kaagman, Kelly, Morgan, Cain, Graham, Finnigan, Clemaron,
Subs Levell, Hinds,Brougham,Boye-Hlorkah, Magill,Stringer, Pike

Subs
Boye-Hlorkah on for Van es on 68mins
Pike on for Cain on for 68mins
Stringer on for Graham on 81mins

EVERTON SCORER CHLOE KELLY

ARSENAL 1ST/3RD SCORER VIVIANNE MIEDEMA

ARSENAL SCORER KIM LITTLE

Great signing

Everton have signed England midfielder Izzy Christiansen on an 18-month deal from European champions Lyon.
The 28-year-old former PFA Women’s Players’ Player of the Year will link up with Willie Kirk’s side for the second half of the 2019/20 season.
Christiansen, who has made 31 appearances for her country, will be joining forces with some familiar faces at USM Finch Farm.
She began her senior career with Everton in 2008 after joining from Manchester United’s centre of excellence, where she played alongside current Club captain Dan Turner.

Christiansen said: “I am really happy to be back at Everton, I have a lot of friends here and it is a huge club, so I can’t wait to get going.
"I am really excited to be part of this club, not just on the pitch but off it as well.”
Taking in the familiar surroundings and reflecting on manager Kirk’s impact at Everton, the former-Manchester City midfielder said: “I used to train at USM Finch Farm when I played for Everton back in the day and I can see how the training facility has grown. The fact that the women’s team are fully integrated within this great facility is testament to that.

“Willie’s impact speaks for itself. He is a top manager in the WSL, he’s made an impact at whichever team he’s managed and it’s no surprise to see how well Everton are doing under him. I’m really excited to be joining up with his team.”
Having won the FA WSL, FA Cup and Continental Cup with Manchester City and Trophee des Championnes in France, Christiansen is hoping to bring a winning mentality to Everton.
She said: “I’m here to try to develop, win and enjoy everything that goes with being a professional footballer. I am confident this is the right club and that I can bring a winning mentality while continuing the great work from the first half of the season.”

The 2019 SheBelieves Cup winner signs for the Blues with Kirk’s side sitting fifth in the FA WSL table during the mid-season break after an impressive start to the season.
Christiansen’s first taste of action in the royal blue of Everton could be against West Ham United at the Rush Green Stadium in the league on Saturday 5 January (3pm)

Everton have bolstered their goalkeeping ranks by signing England Under-21 international Sandy MacIver on an 18-month deal.

A former Academy player with the Blues, MacIver rejoins the Club having spent three seasons with Clemson Tigers in the USA.

The 21-year-old, who also had a one-season stint with Manchester City before starting a scholarship with Clemson, was handed a first senior England call up by Lionesses manager Phil Neville in August 2019 for friendlies against Belgium and Norway.

The previous summer she was part of the England squad that finished third at the Under-20 World Cup in France and scooped the Golden Glove as the tournament's best goalkeeper.

Winsford-born MacIver, whose Everton deal runs until June 2021, will compete with former Academy teammate Kirstie Levell and Finland international Tinja-Riikka Korpela for a place in Willie Kirk’s side.

"It's a great feeling to join Everton again,” she told evertonfc.com. “My time here in the Academy was really good, I learnt a lot and now I'm really happy to be back.

"Everton really helped me develop as a goalkeeper and I'll always be grateful for that.

"I think I've really matured both on and off the pitch during my time away and I think the ambition of this club is clear from where we are in the table heading into the second half of the season and the competition from the young players pushing up and the experienced players, too.

"I think we've got to push for Champions League qualification and I think we can compete with the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal. With the direction that the Club is going, we have got the potential to be in and around that category of teams.

"It's a great group of players and it's really going to help the team push on."

MacIver's scholarship saw her spend three seasons with Clemson and establish herself as the university’s first-choice starter.

She first began talks with Kirk about a return to Everton last summer, with the youngster keen to continue her development in the Women's Super League.

"I got in contact with Willie and just tried to plant some seeds before I went back to America for my last season,” she said.

"Now, coming back and being able to sign, it's a bit of a no-brainer really.

"Whilst I was in America, I was really keen to see how we got on this season, especially with it being Willie's first full season in charge.

"It was great to see that the Club is doing really well so, on the back of that, it turned out to be a really great decision for me to come to this club."

The Women’s FA Cup Fourth Round draw takes place from 5pm this Monday, Everton and the other top Tier teams now enter the cup
Everton were knocked out by chelsea 2-0 4th round last season and by Arsenal 2-1 in the semi finals in the last minute the season before

1 ARSENAL
2 ASTON VILLA
3 BIRMINGHAM CITY
4 BLACKBURN ROVERS
5 BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
6 BRISTOL CITY
7 CHARLTON ATHLETIC
8 CHELSEA
9 COVENTRY UNITED
10 CRYSTAL PALACE
11 DURHAM
12 EVERTON
13 LEICESTER CITY
14 LEWES
15 LIVERPOOL
16 LONDON BEES
17 LONDON CITY LIONESSES
18 MANCHESTER CITY
19 MANCHESTER UNITED
20 READING
21 SHEFFIELD UNITED
22 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
23 WEST HAM UNITED
24 FYLDE OR SUNDERLAND
25 BURNLEY OR NOTTINGHAM FOREST
26 LOUGHBOROUGH FOXES OR HUDDERSFIELD TOWN
27 BRIGHOUSE TOWN OR BARNSLEY
28 IPSWICH TOWN OR PORTSMOUTH
29 WATFORD OR PLYMOUTH ARGYLE
30 CARDIFF CITY OR SOUTHAMPTON FC WOMEN
31 SOUTHAMPTON WOMEN’S FC OR WEST BROMWICH ALBION
32 BILLERICAY TOWN OR ACTONIANS

Last edited:

Women’s FA Cup Fourth Round Draw
Fourth Round - Sunday 26 January 2020

Everton Women v London Bees
Everton won away 4-0/4-3,7-1,9-0 and at home won 5-1/2-0 and a 2-2 draw when in the championship over the years v London Bees

Last edited:
Women’s FA Cup Fourth Round Draw to add to what i said above

West Ham v Arsenal
Manchester United v Manchester City
Lewes v Billericay Town or Actonians
Charlton Athletic v Chelsea
Everton v London Bees
Burnley v Leicester City
Sheffield United v Birmingham City
London City Lionesses v Reading

Bristol City v Durham
Tottenham v Barnsley
Huddersfield v Ipswich Town
Southampton FC Women v Coventry United
Southampton Women FC v Crystal Palace
Fylde or Sunderland v Watford
Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers
Aston Villa v Brighton & Hove Albion

Goodison Park will host its first ever Barclays FA Women's Super League Merseyside derby next month.
The historic clash between Everton and Liverpool will take place on Sunday 9 February, with kick-off at 2pm.

It will be the second meeting of the two teams to be hosted at a first-team stadium this season following Everton's 1-0 victory in front of a derby record crowd of 23,500 at Anfield in November.
Everton’s ongoing commitment to allowing Season Ticket, Lounge and Official Members free access to women’s games will continue for the fixture, although all Members will be required to claim a ticket and select their seat in advance.
Tickets for non-Members
will be priced at £6 for adults and £3 for over-65s and juniors.

A premium admission ticket [link] is also available, priced at £10, and includes a pie and pint or soft drink on arrival, as well as access to a cash bar in The People's Club Lounge and a premium seat located within the Sir Philip Carter Park Stand.

Everton are currently fifth in the Women’s Super League, level on points with fourth-placed Manchester United but with a game in hand.
As well as the success against Liverpool, an impressive campaign to date has seen Willie Kirk’s side defeat Birmingham City, Bristol City, Brighton and Hove Albion and Tottenham Hotspur.

"We’re delighted we have the opportunity to play at Goodison Park,” said Kirk. “Big games like Merseyside derbies are the ones you want to be involved in as a player and manager and we have the opportunity to play this historic fixture on the biggest stage.
“Everton is a club renowned for its great support and that was on-show when we went to Anfield earlier this season. Now the reverse fixture is at Goodison,
we have a chance to introduce our women’s team to even more Blues.”
Liverpool FC Women manager Vicky Jepson added: "It’s fantastic that we’ve got another match in which to showcase the women’s game on Merseyside.
“The Anfield derby was a terrific occasion and I hope as many Reds as possible will cross the park to cheer on the team at another historic football venue.”

SUNDAY 11TH JANUARY 5.30PM KO
WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE
MAN CITY WOMEN 3 EVERTON WOMEN 1

EVERTON WOMEN TEAM
Korpela, Hinds, Van Es, George, Turner, Clemaron, Stringer, Boye-Hlorkah, Graham, Kaagman, Cain
Subs Magill, Pike, Maclver, Finnigan, Coan

SUB
PikE on for Clemaron 65 mins
Magill for Pike 75mins

Everton women faced the difficult task of trying to not be beaten by man city ,which has happened the last 11 games,They went into the game without the injured Kelly and Christiansen who missed out on her dubut, but it was nearly a dream start for the Everton women on a very wet night when Hannah Cain with a brilliant long range shot saw her shot tipped onto the woodwork by Ellie Roebuck inside the 1st 30 seconds,Cain again mins later had a shot deflected, before man citys 1st shot was dragged wide on 7mins from Georgia Stanway, but city took the lead on 19mins when after Taylor hinds misjudged a headed Pauline Bremer got her third goal in two games after the ball pinballed around the area. Her finish was an awkward one and Korpela couldnt quite get it with the keeper claiming it was in her hands,or high feet, on 33mins Cain has a tame shot from distance easily saved by Roebuck, Pauline Bremer on 42 wanted a pen for city but went down a touch to easy,but 1-0 for City it was at HT,

In the 2nd half on 52mins Caroline Weir had a shot from long range that was moving that Korpela did well to save,but seconds later Korpela passed the ball out to an Evertotn defender Hinds who inturn was tackled on the right wing,the ball was right away passed to Bremer whos shot beat korpela, Gemma Bonner made it 3-0 on 64mins after a free kick was curled in and she got onto the end of it for a messy goal at the back post,Everton got one back right on 90mins when from a corner Gabby George headed on and it went in off man city Player Georgia Stanway for only the 5th goal man city have conceeded

This was Evertons 3rd league defeat on the spin but they have faced Man utd,Arsenal and Man city and oddly all have been 3-1 defeats [one before that was also a 3-1 Everton win] ,After winning the previous 3,They are home to Brighton next week now 2pm sunday

EVETTON SCORER GEORGIA STANWAY OG

MAN CITY SCORER PAULINE BREMER

MAN CITY SCORER GEMMA BONNER

Status
Not open for further replies.